We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a local driver in Krabi

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a local driver in Krabi

Hello,

Does anyone know of a good local driver in Krabi, looking for someone local to show us around, family of 4. Past holiday experinces have found this to be the best way to experince the sights.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

Try this driver we have just returned and found him his name is Franco speaks good english and we found his prices very good. He's friendly and a good driver, at no time did he try to rush us, took us to where we wanted to go.

www.krabijinni.com or

gokrabi@hotmail.com

ph 075701549

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

Thankyou, I will send him an e-mail, is there anything that you would recommend that we do, or try and see, our kids are 15 and 12

Cheers

australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

As my hubby is blind we don't do many tours Franco took us on a day tour but we wanted to go to Khao Lak for a look, he also too us on a afternoon tour to Krabi town and the shopping center Telsco. We have gone on the 3 island tour in 2009 and that was great, your children should enjoy the snorkelling etc. Do a check on TA on things to do and it will give you an idea also I'm sure Franco can give you ideas. We also found Franco cheaper on transfers from Phuket airport, for a van he's 2300 bht instead of 2500bht that everyone else charges.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

Hi. I was thinking of the exact same question about a driver in Krabi as we go in a month. What prices would we expect for a day trip or half day trip?

There will also be 2 families travelling together (4 adults 5 kids altogether) so was wondering if there is another driver we can get, or perhaps he can suggest someone?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

Topendgirl Franco has a 9 seater van with a extra seat next to driver I think you will find he charges by the van not per person. We paid 3500bht for a day tour to Khao Lak took 8hrs and 1000bht for an afternoon shopping tour we were gone 3 hours but at no time did Franco put a time on it I just told him where I wanted to go to Krabi town and then to Tesco's. The taxis charge 500ht each way to Krabi and don't stop with you. I can only say how we found Franco he was very freindly and informative Beryl

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
6. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2010, 12:35
7. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

9. Re: looking for a local driver in Krabi

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 10:46