We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Level Contributor
24 posts
Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi,

We would like to go to Khao Chang Phuak.

We plan to rent a van and go there, we plan to leave BKK around 3am.

Would it be possible to hike Khao Chang Phuak all the way to the peak, but we will also go down at the same day?

If yes, please kindly give advice on how should we plan the itinerary.

Things we need to bring. etc

Things we must keep in mind

Level Contributor
24 posts
31. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi AjarnAndy and judyksp

Awesome! We'll go to and try the tourist train next weekend (Sunday), I'll go and buy the ticket 2 days before.

I will definitely let you know our experience!

You guys are most helpful

Cheers

Edited: 24 March 2016, 06:41
Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
58 reviews
32. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Have a good time Nicolas and we look forward to your post after your trip.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
33. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi Nicolas,

You are welcome, good luck in getting hold of the rail tickets, look forward to how the one day excursion went.

1 post
34. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi

Im from malaysia and would like to hike at this mountain next week. We will arrive at there maybe around 4pm wednesday, it is possible to us to climb and reach at the top to enjoy the sunrise for the next morning (thursday)?

tq

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
58 reviews
35. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi Abdul

You will need to register with the park and travelling from Kanchanaburi to the park is about 2.5 to 3 hours and then there is the hike of 3 to 4 hours. So maybe you can schedule to go on Thursday and view the sunrise on Friday morning instead.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
36. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi,

You will also need a guide. And note, that travel time to the park is at least four hours, the last part of the journey is slow going due to the many curves in the roads. Indeed, it is a scenic journey, one of the best in Thailand.

Edited: 22 December 2016, 07:50
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
37. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hey guys,

We are planning to trek up Khao Chang Puak this weekend. But we aren't sure if it is open now to hike up. The phone numbers I find online for the Thong Pha Phum National Park do not exist. Does anyone know the right contact number or the months it is allowed to go up? We do not want to drive until there to find the mountain closed for hiking. Thanks!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
42 reviews
38. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

Hi,

At this time of the year it is probably closed. The best time to hike the mountain is November thru February as far as I can remember. Which tel numbers do you have?

It is commonplace for the national park not to answer the telephone, I can speak from experience!

39. Re: Khao Chang Phuak - Daytip only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2018, 09:47