We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

could anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from Nam Tok/Hellfire Pass to Erawan Falls?

8 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,177 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Hi,

The drive from the Hellfire Pass to Nam Tok is about 15 to 20 minutes. It takes a little over an hour to drive from Nam Tok or Sai Yok to reach the Erawan Falls.

Happy travels, Andy.

Mentioned in this post
Sai Yok
Sai Yok
Kanchanaburi Province, Thailand
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Hi Andy - thanks very much for your responses to all my questions here. It's very good of you to give your time to do this. Given your responses, I think we will opt to visit the falls on a different day than the one on which we visit Hellfire pass, and I think we will hire a car+driver (rather than bus or driving ourselves) from Kanchanburi for the falls. It's such a trial planning a holiday like this, but I've read so many of your posts here and they are all an enormous help.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,177 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Hi,

You are welcome, it's a good idea to visit the Hellfire Pass on one day and visit both Falls on another. You could also visit the Hin Dat Hot Springs on the same day as you visit the Hellfire Pass. The Springs are north of the Hellfire Pass.

Best regards, Andy.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

For future reference, Google Maps does this for you when you input your start point and destination and it differentiates between bus, car, taxi, and walking.

Durham, England
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Not necessarily, if you put in Hellfire Pass to Erawan National park it says 36mins, if you had not been before you would end up miles from the park.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,177 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

I have consulted google maps several times in the past and on a number of occasions they were helplessly inaccurate.

Kanchanaburi...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Hi

If you are planning for a private vehicle from Kanchanaburi town to Erawan, take a song teow (open air taxi). The ride is pleasant and interesting. And the price is also reasonable.

If you also take a private vehicle from Kanchanaburi town to Hellfire Pass, take a car this time as the distance is much longer. Also, you can make stops at Dunlop Weary Museum, Krasae Cave (and walk on the wooden viaduct) and drop by the new attraction - Malliki City (a city designed way back to King Rama V's time).

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,177 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls

Hi,

Wherever you travel I would opt for a car. Some songtaows spew out some nasty fumes, you don't want to breath any of them!

Reply to: From Nam Tok to Erawan Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted