We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

Hi,

I am travelling to Thailand at the end of July and only have a few nights in Bangkok, so was wondering if it is possible to do a day trip to the Erawan Waterfalls. I'd like to do this independently as I don't want to have to stick to a group or meeting times on an organised tour. Is the best option to do it by train/bus, or rent a car from Bangkok? I'd like to rent an open jeep and drive myself but I'm struggling to find a company which offers this. Any advice/info would be much appreciated, thanks

Durham, England
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

Hard to do in a day, train at 07.50 then bus from kanchanaburi to Erawan would get you there no earlier than midday then the train leaves kanchanaburi at 14.48 to go back. Hire car would be the way as you could come back at your leisure but I don't think you'll get an open jeep as everyone wants aircon and in July there's a good chance of rain.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

We have decided to go by bus and stay overnight in Kanchanaburi to get the early train the following morning back to Bangkok. Thanks for your help. If you have any more tips about bus/train travel please let me know! I'd like to know the distance from the bus terminal in Kanchanaburi to the train station?

Durham, England
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

It's about 1 mile or 20min walk.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

Great, thanks!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,372 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

Hi,

Responded to your other post. You don't have to walk though, take a songtoaw at the main road once you have exited the railway station. You do not need to cross the road. However, you can cross the road and take the bus to the Falls from outside the main War Cemetery. It is a little blue bus and drives out of town slowly looking for passengers.

Note that you can stay the night at the Falls.

6. Re: Erawan Waterfalls in 1 day from Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2018, 10:47