We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentists.

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dentists.

If anybody ever has need of a dentist in Hua Hin, they might well be interested in my experience of late.

It's called Dazzling Smile Clinic, it's a little way out of town, right opposite the Anantara Hotel and next door to the Toyota dealership, brand new only opened in August and run by a lovely lady called Dr. Saichol, she speaks fluent English as does her nurse.

Anyway, suffered a severe toothache and chose this clinic due to the usual conflicting advice from the local ex-pats and would say I certainly made a good choice, examination, x-ray, injections for removal, impressions for a new one added to my plate then the removal, plus 5 days supply of antibiotics and painkillers all for 700 Baht, she even phoned me the following morning to see if I was OK and the treatment was every bit as good if not better than anything experienced back in the UK.

Hopefully you'll never need the services of a dentist while on holiday, but if so then try this place out.

burnley
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentists.

good to know, i take from the name they will do teeth whiting?

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentists.

I presume that she does teeth whitening as I remember reading a leaflet in English on the subject, but cannot recall any of the information on it.

Hua Hin (north side)
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentists.

Thanks for the info.

This is actually the closest dentist to my home & I have made an appointment for tomorrow (Feb 16th), so I hope she lives up to your praise!

(The last time I visited a HH dentist was a guy recommended by my then maid. Although he had a receptionist who would have turned heads on any street, the dentist seems to have studied under someone like Dr Mengele – it was just a filling but it felt like an hour with the KGB! Then again, it was a tiny little place on the Night Market street, so I should have known better!)

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentists.

Hi Troopie.

I'm sure it'll all go well, since my visit and recommendations, a whole host of my friends have gone for all sorts of treatment and not one has had anything other than praise for this dental practice, indeed, our best friends wife is also going tomorrow for her fourth visit in a course of treatments and is actually looking forward to going.

Hua Hin (north side)
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentists.

Right! If my mouth isn't too battered or gummy after tomorrow's appointment, I'll add my own two-ha'penny worth when I get back.

Life in Hua Hin -- Warts & All!

The Unashamedly Subjective Thoughts & Observations of a Farang (foreigner) Living in Thailand's Royal Resort.

http://huahinblog.tk/

Hua Hin (north side)
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentists.

Well I went there yesterday as planned, taking a nice but sweaty 20 minute walk to get there. Both dentist & receptionist were kind, flexible & spoke good English. She cleaned my teeth (which cost Bt1,180 including some strong painkillers) & then told me I had to have 3 teeth taken out, including one that's impacted. I return on Thursday & even though an extraction is never pleasant, she is better than some other dentists I've tried, here & elsewhere. Nonetheless, I'll be glad when it's Friday!

If you need a dentist in northern HH, check this one out. (Tel: 032-547-745 -- Closed on Wednesdays)

Life in Hua Hin -- Warts & All!

The Unashamedly Subjective Thoughts & Observations of a Farang (foreigner) Living in Thailand's Royal Resort.

http://huahinblog.tk/

On the move
Level Contributor
169 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentists.

I too can vouch for Saichol and Pune, her nurse. I had a bunch of fillings, crowns and other bits and pieces done there over Christmas and they were both great.

I would rate this place even better than the International clinic downtown.

Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentists.

Hi

Does anyone have an email address for Dazzling Smile?

Thanks

J

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentists.

Have just found their business card but no mention of having a website or e-mail address on it.

Telephone No. is 032547745 and open from 10:00 am until 20:00 pm, closed on Wednesday.

Hope that this helps.

Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentists.

Thanks