We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

We've decided on the Cha-am/Hua hin area for our visit in July/August (3 weeks). I am still sorting through hotel choices, though. I have been e-mailing back and forth with the nicest person from the Baanlaksasubha Resort. But they are still out of our budget which is $90-95USD. Too bad, the accomodations look wonderful and the reviews are great.

My question: our flight gets in at about midnight at Bangkok. I want to get to Cha-m as soon as possible. How practical is it to hire a car to take us to our hotel at that time of night? Hotels offer rates of $100-200USD one way. Are there cheaper deals out there? Where do I look?

As far as accomodations go, this is a special trip for our 25th - 28th anniversaries (we've missed some celebrations due to work schedules...) and I want to "surprize" my husband with an extra special hotel deal - king bed, separate sitting area, free wireless and breakfast included. All for under $100USD - it is possible?

He's a photog, so a sea view room would be great, but I also want a pool to lounge around at and have spa treatments available. We also want to be within walking distance of markets and restaurants so we don't want to be too far out of town.

Am I asking for the moon?

Any advice or direction appreciated!!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Pity about Baan Laksasubha, really is lovely.

People I use it's US$ 98 a night with tax, service and breakfast for an upstairs ( it is just outside wooden stairway up ). Honestly not sure about getting something similar within that range, I'll have a think.

I will have a think about some others, do check Hua Hin forum also though as some ideas about restaurants in HH etc there.

I guess you may be on the NW(DL) or UA as they get in late.

You can either simply go to the Limousine Counter and pay for a limo ( they are just clean good mid size sedans in reality ) or you can pre book with someone like Oriental Escapes who charge about B 2,600.

There are some perfectly 'ok' hotels near the airport if you preffered to stay the night before heading down, US$40 range with free transfer, then perhaps get a limo service to collect you mid morning.

as an alternative

More on transfers on the Hua Hin forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g297922-i9453-Hua_…

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Idea - over the anniversary time for some days or a week why not somewhere 'nice' and then spend other time at something less expensive.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

I pressend too quick - limo services whether pre-booked or without booking in advance ( from the limo counter at the airport ) are all 24/7, that time of night could be about 2 hrs.

Hua Hin is right next to Hua Hin, some Cha Am places are closer to HH than Cha Am !

I'll have another think on the accommodation

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Thanks, Monica!

So far the cheapest quote from the Baanlaksasubha is $110. for an unstairs garden view.

I have also have offers from the following I am trying to sort out and read reviews on. Each are offering breakfast and all taxes in their rate:

The Long Beach Junior suite - 3672 baht

Taramanta Tara Delux - 3531 baht

Baanpantai Pantai Room - 2900 baht

Grand Sovereign - now these folks are nice, but Agoda has a much better deal and when I asked if they would match it, offered me another price which was higher and beyond our budget. So I'm wondering about going through Agoda anyway.

Anantasila - I think I have the best offer from these folks. They are offering a Deluxe Penthouse Sea View/Mountain View Suite with terrace within our budget.

Do you know anything that hasn't been written about these properties?

Then, after reading some on this forum I have begun to be interested in the Courtyard by Marriott. Their deals are not bad - so what do you think?

We are flying UA (frequent flyers)

Thanks!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Where are you looking for rates ?

Baan Laksasubha is THB 3,500 ( which they show as US$ 98.83 ) at the moment - no credit card needed to enquire, if available you have a couple of days to think about it, if you confirm you pay 1 night deposit and the balance 2 weeks before arrival.

The Long Beach is a very tall high rise block on the other side of the beach road in busy area of Cha Am - sounds nothing like what you were looking for, it's a tall high rise block.

The Long Beach Junior suite that price is way over the top, it should be 2,450 not 3672 baht

Taramanta Tara a Pool deluxe should be 3,050 not 3531 baht

Baanpantai Pantai Room should be 2,600 not 2900 baht

All those including Laksasubha at B 3500 and the others are on: including breakfast, tax and service.

www.beachsiam.com/thailand-hua-hin.html

with bookings through sawadee, have used for years anbd years.

Grand Sovereign is nice but well out of the way

Anantasila - it is nice I know it well, it is about 5 km from town, during the day not so bad but after dark is expensive - but here is the down side - at the moment there is construction in that part of Hua Hin, not at Anantasila itself but around the road down to there several high rise places being built, it is one of our favorites but at the moment we are giving that area a miss because of the cosntruction.

Courtyard by Marriott is Cha Am, the building has been around for years when it was Golden Sands, then Novotel, then Tipviman. Nice, but family orientated, weekedays probably quiet but weekends busy, very tall high rise, you get the views but again it is a high rise.

Best deals for Courtyard are most often off the Marriott website itself. They do offer good deals.

All the Cha Am places you can find places to eat around them but when you want restaurants, night market etc going to and from Hua Hin can add up on the costs, in the region of about B 250 each way for a taxi, so on those days that extra ciost can really add up.

Have a look on that lists at "Baan Bayan", when you stay 7 nights you only pay 5 nights, then you pay a compulsory breakfast charge, that works out for 7 nights costing B 2,540 per night with breakfast, service and tax, this is a small place, been around years, very Thai style.

No idea about wi-fi but many places are adding it now so by now they may have. Very quiet, smaller more basic style, have a look.

If yuo wanted to split time with a more rual area, down near the Evason opranburi is Pattawia Pranburi, B 1,900 a night for seaview. Modern hotel, palm trees, quiet area, close to Evaason. You could spend some days there and that helps bring down the overall costs.

You could do say a week at Laksaubha, spend some days at Pattawia to go to rural areas and national park along the coast, then remaining time back in Hua Hin. Just an idea. Large pool area.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Anantasila 'expensive after dark' I mean for getting to and from town, daytime 15 minutes walk to local songthaew for B 10, after dark though you need to taxi.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Thanks for the great information, Monica. The rates I quoted were directly from each hotel! Would you suggest we go through sawadee.com to book?

I've always thought you might get some better "perks" dealing directly with the hotel rather than going through a broker. But please correct me if I'm wrong in that!

We don't want to pay more than $90-95 USD per night - with breakfast and taxes included.

I checked out Baan Bayan and am absolutely charmed by their website and the reviews. I e-mailed them with our dates and needs and will let you know what price they offer.

Please let me know if you have other thoughts about this - I'm flying blind here!

Again, you've had no problem with sawadee?

Thanks so much!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

browse through that list on beachsiam because others may appeal to you, Baan Bayan is family owned and managed, it does get busy at weekends but during the week in general is quiet. The thing is many of the foreign booking places don't have such a large choice as local places. Remember on that link you don't need any credit card details, just name, dates and contact, they tell you if it's available and confirm the price. They then allow you several days before you make a final decision, then most times they just want 1 night deposit, balance 2 weeks before you arrive. Try for those you might be interested, no point getting too excitied in case one is booked.

Here's a tip also, if you are asking for a long period if they say full that may not mean full the whole time, but Hua Hin 'does' get heavily booked over weekends throughout the year.

I really wish you could spend at least some days at Laksasubha, as close to eveything helps to get adjusted to surrounds, get used to tuk tuks and other things, then perhaps with that 'experience' venture to some places not so near the center.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

I didn't notice, if you go to that link and see the photo that says Hua Hin central beach that is in fact the beach that is in front of Laksasubha and the Sofitel as I remember they have the whie sun shades there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Bangkok Airport to Cha-am/Hua Hin

Thanks, again, Monica. I started looking at some hotels on the list fromthe link you sent. There are several other possibilities, too.

If I could get within our budget for Laksasubhs, would that be your best rcommendation for us based on what we want?

Appreciate it!

Get answers to your questions about Cha-am
Recent Conversations