We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using other hotel facilities

merseyside
Level Contributor
518 posts
58 reviews
Using other hotel facilities

Hi folks, after four months of missing khao lak I will be heading back on October 17th. Last time I stayed at the amazing resort apsara beachfront. This time, however I'm staying at the centara seaview resort.

I would love to go back to the apsara for one day, I love the beach that it's on and I love the food and swimming pool. I know in Thailand there are no private beaches, but it seems like the easiest and most direct route is to walk through the apsara lobby and from there easy and quick access to the beach. I was just wondering, are hotels happy to have the custom of tourists purchasing food, drinks etc, will the hotel be ok letting me use their swimming pool, sun loungers, or is this frowned upon? And finally is it allowed for a non guest of the hotel to walk through to use the beach? Appreciate any advice, thank you, kerry

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Using other hotel facilities

You don't need to walk through the Apsara to get to the beach at all. If you get a taxi there it will drop you at the entrance on the beach road and you just walk down on to the beach and across to Memories where there are lots of loungers and umbrellas. As for the Apsara letting non- residents use their facilities that is up to individual hotel policy as more often than not it is guests who object to non- residents using facilities guests have paid for. Email the Apsara and ask.

merseyside
Level Contributor
518 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Using other hotel facilities

Thanks arandora, very much appreciate the reply

3. Re: Using other hotel facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2017, 10:45