We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer time.

Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer time.

Hello. Will soon be on my way to the Apsara hotel for a nice rest. Just one liitle query on my paperwork. Do I really need to be picked up for my return transfer at 5.20 a.m,, for my flight from Phuket, at 10.00 a.m,, to Bangkok.?? Thanks for any replies.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer time.

Unfortunately you may need to allow that amount of time it can take an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on traffic

cheshire
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer time.

think I`d book somewhere near the airport for

a night . don't like early starts . nai yang is nice and only 5 mins from the airport

khao lak
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer time.

7 am is fine,zero traffic at that time,in fact,it is only a 1 hour before for bangkok,so even 8am,but then you hit traffic.

Edited: 24 August 2016, 16:31
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer time.

7am at the latest for me. Is the flight just to Bangkok or is it for an onward international connection possibly on one ticket? If so no later than 6am for me.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer time.

Yes, it is an onward journey to Heathrow and all my flights are on one e-ticket. Does this make a difference to the check in time at Phuket.?? I also posted a query on the Bangkok forum, regarding transfer time in Bangkok. I do not arrive in BKK until 11-30 a,m, and my onward flight is at 12-50 p,m. It seems rather a short time. The replies on the BKK forum asked about tickets as well. We shall see. Thank you for your interest.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer time.

3 hours prior to departure is the recommended check in time for international flights. Having once gone against my usual adherence to that advice i decided to leave it to 2 hours as it was in the early hours, so no traffic. No traffic but a flat tyre and difficulty of driver changing it with little passing traffic to help, left us completely stressed out when we just made it. Never again!!!

Your transfer at BKK should be OK as you will clear Immigration in Phuket (a good reason to be early not late) and your luggage will go straight through to LHR so making transit quick. Checking in on-line beforehand will also help albeit you still have to collect Boarding Passes and check in (no bag drop) at Phuket. In the event you do miss your connecting flight in BKK through no fault of your own, you will be put on the next available flight at no cost to you whereas if you are late and miss the Phuket to BKK flight and then the BKK to LHR flight it will be up to you and your wallet to book the next flight.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer time.

Thanks for your reply. I was going to check if my luggage went straight through,glad it does. I have only been caught out once in many years,( LHR to Mombasa ) was told it would, but it didn,t, hence the check. Thanks for your help, now I just have to get there.!!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer time.

Just check the luggage tags they put on your cases at Phuket that they show LHR as final destination and, of course, if you are going direct to Phuket On the way out via BKK that they have HKT as final destination as I'm sure you will want your beach gear there when you arrive! :-)

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket, Thailand
9. Re: Transfer time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2017, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak