We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special birthday recommendations

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Special birthday recommendations

We will be in Khao Lak in early September, first time to this beautiful paradise.

My husband will be turning 60 and I am looking for any recommendations for a nice restaurant for his birthday dinner..my wish list would consist of ,romantic, beach views & good food. It doesnt have to be a 5 star restaurant and i dont mind paying resort prices or cheaper. Reading the reviews on the hotel we are staying at, it doesnt look like this would suit our needs for this special occassion.

Any help would be appreciated as i am already confused. Thank you in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Special birthday recommendations

Your difficulty is in finding an independent beachfront location first in September when most of those are closed in the Wet Season and secondly most have been demolished as a result of actions taken by the authorities against businesses operating illegally on public property. So if beachfront and ocean view is a must, I would suggest the Restaurant at the Chong Fah Resort overlooking Bang Niang Beach (not to be confused with the nearby Chong Fah Restaurant). Or just further down the same beach the restaurant at the 5* Casa de la Flora Resort. In the opposite direction still on Bang Niang Beach, Sassi's beachfront restaurant at the Ramada would fit the bill or the Ramada will organise private dining on the beach.

Given the vagaries of the weather in September, Smile Restaurant in Bang La On would make an excellent indoor venue.

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Special birthday recommendations

Thank you Arandora for your assistance and advice. I have had a look at what you have suggested and its definitely worth abit more investigation.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Special birthday recommendations

Hi Toni we have dined at the Chong Fah Resort many times and this is very nice, but alot will depend on the weather, we too are spending our time in September at Khoa Lak, first time in the off season, but honestly you just never know! It could be just perfect the weather :)

Just reseach and if you are there a few days before you could look around first, we arrive on the Friday and its my husbands birthday on the Saturday, we are still undecided. But enjoy what ever you choose as Khoa Lak is a beautful relaxing place....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Special birthday recommendations

We started a great birthday dinner for me a few years ago at the Chong Fah Resort Restaurant outside overlooking the beach. Then the heavens opened so we were moved quickly inside at the front still overlooking the ocean. Then were progressively moved further back as the rain drove indoors from the sea. Lasted about 15 minutes, then stopped as quickly as it started and just in time to catch a glorious sunset - and this was in January, one of best and usually driest months of the year, which it has been since then. So you can never tell!

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: Special birthday recommendations

Hey Lushdaz. Thank goodness for these wonderful forums. It definitely opens your eyes to other things that need to be taken into consideration. We will have the time prior to my husbands birthday to check the options out. Thank you

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Special birthday recommendations

I have had the pleasure of having a few of my birthday dinners at Smile, and though not on the beach, you will not be disappointed. As you will see from the Restaurant section of TA for Khao Lak Smile is consistently Number 1 ranked and is a definite book in advance, even in low season. Book online via their web site and mention it's Hubby's birthday and you may just score a complimentary birthday cake. Whether you go for the birthday dinner or not, still fit in a meal there, you will enjoy it. Beach side I would definitely recommend The Boatyard but I don't think they re-open until October.

7. Re: Special birthday recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak