We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takua Pa - my home

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Takua Pa - my home

Past visitors to Khao Lak in the High Season will be aware of the attractions of the main district town, Takua Pa, less than half an hour north from KL centre, especially the Sunday afternoon Old Town Walking Street Market (only open mid October to April) and Little Amazon and Mangrove tours on the river.

This video shows "real" Thailand at Takua Pa https:/… and why it is well worth a visit.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Takua Pa - my home

Shame it won't be open when we are there next week.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
529 reviews
2. Re: Takua Pa - my home

Hi Arandora,

Thanks for sharing - After watching I am planning on visiting in August. I am right in saying its approx 1.5-2 hours from Mai Khao?

Looks great - you life in a great place

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Takua Pa - my home

Cass

The Walking Street Market won't be open but since you have a car (I think) It's worth a drive up there. There is a Big C supermarket on the right on the highway just opposite the Bus Station and main market in the New Town which you will pass on your way up to Khao Sok. So might be worth a trip there to stock up on "essentials".

Kevin

An hour to Khao Lak then half an hour to Takua Pa. We don't live there, just visit often during our 4-5 months in Khao Lak. We live across the Irish Sea from you just outside Blackpool. The title was taken from what the Thais were saying in the video.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
529 reviews
4. Re: Takua Pa - my home

Thanks Arandora,

I had got that in thai - thought it was where you were living too!

I am currently in Birmingham - but get home later tonight!

Will have a few days home and then back on the road again

Edited: 19 June 2016, 21:25
5. Re: Takua Pa - my home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak