We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

We are a couple and trying to decide which resort to book - The Haven or Pullman Katiliya. The Pullman is slightly more expensive. We would be booking the upgrade accommodation rather than hotel room for both resorts. I think one has beach view and the other pool access. Which is the nicer resort, better food choice, cheaper cocktails lol. Any info to help us decide would be much appreciated. thank you.

Mentioned in this post
The Haven Khao Lak
The Haven Khao Lak
1,198 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Have you seen the Luxury Escapes deal on offer for The Pullman Katilya?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

The Pullman Katilya is a bigger resort with more accommodation choices, more facilities (pools, restaurants), direct beachfront (the Haven is across a beach road from the beach with no loungers on the beach) and more restaurants in the immediate vicinity. It is though further out from the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On where most restaurants, bars, shops and markets (Bang Niang) are to be found being about 20/25 minutes by shutlle or taxi whereas the Haven is about 10/15 minutes.

It depends which accommodation you are comparing in the two resorts, especially with the Luxury Escapes deal which you should compare with prices for similar accommodation for your dates on other booking sites.

Mentioned in this post
The Haven Khao Lak
The Haven Khao Lak
1,198 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Yes, Luxury escapes have deals with both resorts we're looking at. thank you for replying.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Thank you. We are looking at beach view or pool view/access for both resorts, not hotel. I find its worthwhile spending the extra on the nicer accommodation rather than hotel rooms at these resorts.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Hi Jessieanne,

We've just returned from The Haven last Monday, having booked the Luxury Escapes Deal last year.. I can't speak for the Pullman, but The Haven met all expectations and we'd go back again with out a doubt..

The bottom line I guess is what sort of a holiday you are looking for. Ours was firmly about R&R, by the pool and taking it our own pace.

The pool though was beyond description and enormous.. They put a fair bit of effort into maintaining it and it was heavenly to swim in..

As far as restaurants go, there is only the one dining option at The Haven, (A Thai / Italian / Western menu) with various themed nights, (Thai Buffet, BBQ Buffet etc..) and it worked quite well. There's also Lays, a Thai restaurant within in walking distance, otherwise, it is a taxi trip into town, which we did on several occasions.

I didn't find the menu prices in the resort exorbitant although they are obviously more than what you pay in town or on the street.. From memory, cocktails ranged around the 190 Baht, dishes were 220 - 250, regardless of whether you order a wrap, BLT or a Thai Noodle Dish... So lunch we'd average 600 - 700 Baht for a beer, cocktail and a dish each.. or 500 Baht if we were on soft drinks only.. We did alot of dinners in town just to sample the various wares and work our way through the list of top 10 restaurants in Khao Lak..

Hope this helps...

Mentioned in this post
The Haven Khao Lak
The Haven Khao Lak
1,198 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Brisvegas
Level Contributor
117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

I just checked the rates on the Pullman website and nearly fell off my chair - they are now close to 3 times what I paid a couple of months ago for our accomodation in the same period a couple! Not sure how that one works.

If you are looking at the Pullman then perhaps consider signing up for a Club Accor membership (free) as you get access to some good deals especially if you book and pay in advance. We booked for 8 nights at the end of July (Premium Deluxe Spa room with breakfast) for $835 for both of us.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Bosette, who did you book with and when? That's such a great price.

Tropics, thank you for all the info. Much appreciated. Yes we are going for R and R also.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

My choice was either-The Haven,Pullman Katiliya and The Sensimar for my holiday this August thru Expedia...Because of the Special deals for The Haven and Pullman on Luxury Escapes and Cudo etc,the prices for these 2 places go thru the roof on Expedia...However,The Sensimar remained at a reasonable price so we booked The Sensimar.

Prices on Expedia for the Sensimar were at it's lowest at $795/person for 7 nights incl breakfast everyday,including return flights...The Haven and The Pullman at it's lowest price on Expedia was around $900+/person for 7 nights incl. flights...

Expedia prices change everyday,so one has to be on the ball everyday to get the best price...

I agree with an above replier that pool access or ocean rooms are best but depends on your budget...

So,my theory is- Stay at The Haven or Pullman next year and the year after,that way it will satisfy one's variety theory....48 days..!!...Ommmm...!!

Mentioned in this post
The Haven Khao Lak
The Haven Khao Lak
1,198 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Torquay, Victoria...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Thanks for your post about the Haven. We too have bought a deal and are off to the Haven in August. I am looking forward to it and Im happy to hear that you enjoyed it also.( we havent upgraded to the pool access but i might look into it) .. I was surprised when I looked at the cost of massage etc at the resort. Lucky we have a few included. Are you able to tell me if there are any other massage near by.. did you use any?.. Thanks for the info about the restaurants too.. very handy to know in advance.

Mentioned in this post
The Haven Khao Lak
The Haven Khao Lak
1,198 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Brisvegas
Level Contributor
117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which resort should we chose - Pullman Katiliya or The Haven

Jessie I booked it directly through Accor Hotels at the end of February via my Club Accor membership. The prices are definitely more now.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak