We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday dinner in low season

Essex
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday dinner in low season

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are currently staying at the Merlin in Khao Lak. Tomorrow is his birthday and we want to eat somewhere nice in the evening. By nice, I just mean a standard local restaurant, not a private dinner at one of the hotels as they are unfortunately too pricey!

Going by trip advisor, the Smile looks like a good option. However, would anyone have any other recommendations, perhaps on the beach (if there are any open in low season). Due to our location, we've only ventured into Bang Niang once for the market, and we didn't have time to look along the beach to see if there are any suitable restaurants. Just wondered if anyone had any appropriate suggestions!

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday dinner in low season

Smile is fabulous but when we were there at the end of May they were about to close for their low season break so I'm not sure if they will be open now. We personally love Enzo Bistro (Japanese) in Bang Niang rd. Another one that we really like the look of was the Chong Fah Restaurant as it overlooks the beach and is the perfect spot for sunsets, but we didn't eat there. I'm sure the Destination Expert for Khao Lak and others will be along soon to provide some more ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Chong Fah Restaurant
Chong Fah Restaurant
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday dinner in low season

Smile is closed until 27th June. In addition to the ones mentioned, PaPa Brasserie in Bang La On near Viking Restaurant is a very nice restaurant, well furnished and great food. On your right just after the start of the dual carriageway as you come over the mountain from the Merlin. Everyday 2 is an excellent local restaurant and is first one on your right as you come over the mountain. Mojo just past McDonald's is another good option.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Mojo's
Mojo's
1,501 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Birthday dinner in low season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2017, 10:46