We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Currency

Is it best to take British pounds to exchange

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Currency

If that is you home currency,then the answer is yes.

Chok Dee

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Currency

It is thank you for responding

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Currency

See this Travellers Article for all you need to know about Currency Exchange https:/…Banks.And.Money.html

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Currency

Thank you that was really helpful

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Currency

We always take a few thousand Baht with us to pay and tip our airport transfer (Boss) Better/ /higher exchange rate on Bang la On main street. Last October (2015) the UK rate varried from 45-47 baht per uk pound sterling but on the Main Street in Bang La On we could get around 52-56 Baht exchanging UK sterling. Just look out for an authorised Exchange Kiosk

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Currency

The way things are looking at the moment I think we may only dream of getting 50 BHT to the £ this year. My holiday this year is already looking hundreds of £ more expensive in terms of spending money. Early days though I guess, I hope sterling bounces back a little.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
1 review
7. Re: Currency

Beware of scaremongering and don't get sucked into a Klexit!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Currency

52-56 - not in the foreseeable future. It had already dropped to 50 to the £ when we left in March but we had changed most of our £ last November at 54 to the £ at SuperRich in Chiang Rai (SuperRich gives best rate in Thailand along with Vasu and Sia but no branches in Khao lak unfortunately). So currently we are facing a drop of 14% to best SuperRich rate today compared to last November or 7% compared to last March. Given that between 2014 and 2015 rates had varied from about 43 to 47 to the £, lat year was s one year high in recent years.

Keep an eye on Day to Day rates at all Thai Banks and main private money exchanges at https://daytodaydata.net/

9. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2017, 09:47