We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

Chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
20 reviews
transportation

Does anyone know if there is transportation from the Phuket airport to the Le Meridien in Khao Lak? The hotel offers a service but it is really pricey.

Is it possible to get a taxi at the airport for the trip?

Thanks for any help you can offert

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: transportation

Which hotel? Plenty of taxis from the booth on exiting Phuket Airport.

Taxi to Le Meridien upwards of 1500THB for instance and that is one of the further resorts. (Hotel limo is 1800 THB)

I picked this up from the Flyertalk Forum.

"On behalf of FTers I negociated and he agreed to pick people up for 1000 baht at the Phuket Airport. His english is good and he has a new car with good A/C. It would be a little small for 4 passengers, but workable. 2 or 3 is very comfortable. When he drove me to Ko Lanta (5 hours each way) he brought his brother for company, so if you need all the seats tell him in advance. He will also drive you in to town from LM for 300 one way or 500 Round trip. Slightly more than the hotel shuttle, but much cheaper than the hotel taxi.

His name is: Thanawat Chouleak

Phone number is: +66 084-0606887

Email: wata_20@hotmail.com"

2. Re: transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 03:46