We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for hotel charges in advance

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Paying for hotel charges in advance

Having been a keen follower of this forum for weeks, we are going to stay in the Pullman in June. I believe I read something about paying in advance for hotel charges and getting a bonus for doing so, but cant seem to find that post again. It was something like if you pay 300 euro in hotels charges when you check in, that they will give you an extra 100 to spend.

Was I dreaming this, or did I actually see this somewhere?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

Can't recall this about the Pullman. Certainly our friends were not offered that when they stayed there for nearly 3 weeks in February/March.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

Cannot recall this, you may be thinking of what Centara do at their hotels they call it the Bart bonanza you deposit say 10,000 Bart and they give you approximately 5,000 Bart giving you 15,000 to spend on food and drinks, this may be used in the hotel

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

Yes, i think you are correct. We were originally looking at the Centara in Karon, so I must have seen it on that forum.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

Sounds like a good deal 😎😎😎

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

Not necessarily a good deal when hotel restaurants, bars and spas are much more expensive than the alternatives outside. In Thailand you actually dare to explore outside the hotel grounds unlike in some other tourist destinations.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

It is a better deal than other resorts which don't incentivise their guests to use their facilities sometimes, not all the time like All Inclusive or Full Board. Guests can use this to supplement food and drink outside the resort, mini-bar for instance, not replace it.

7. Re: Paying for hotel charges in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak