We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Hockley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, whats the weather been like here the last few weeks, we are due to arrive in khao lak on the 31st may, first time here and I know there is like to be storms at some point in the day, just would like a heads up. Thanks

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Arrived last night to a massive thunderstorm and torrential rain, which lasted through most of the night. I believe this is the first decent downpour in a while so very welcome. I can update later when the sun is up!

Mornington...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Been here for over a week and it has been very, very hot and I usually like the heat. Even the pool was too warm so that was'nt a refreshing option however the last few days there has been thunderstorms during the evening/night which were most welcome. Looking at forecast for next week the temperatures look to be much better. 31 c -32c. Cheers

Hamlyn Terrace...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Haley G,

We will be there in June, apparently it's the hottest for many a long year, like 65 years!!!! As long as the drinks are ice cold, who cares, the heat, that's what pools and A/C is for!!!!

Hockley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks all for getting back to me, most weather reports say thunderstorms every day, I just wanted to check it was not all day!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

If you look at this topic which is a Sticky at the top of the page which puts into context what Thunderstorm icons may or may not mean https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

We are also due to arrive around the same time as you! I've heard once the first rain starts in the wet season it can be pretty intense - 2 weeks of heavy rain! I hope this isn't the case - can anyone confirm?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Read the sticky thread in post 5. It can be raining in one part of Khao Lak and sunny 5 mins down the road. This is the nature of weather in the tropics! Unless you intend on cancelling your trip due to the likelihood of rain I'd suggest don't worry about it anymore. It will be stinking hot regardless.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Hamlyn Terrace...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

Dear HaleyG,

Trust me, if its as hot as the mail I'm getting, you WANT a storm everyday! it breaks the heat and humidity, even for a short time. Remember it doesn't drizzle for days on end and its NEVER cold, so that means if its raining, you can still swim or stroll with a brolly, sit in café and watch the world go by. This is the tropics and the weather is what it is. You get the best lightning shows in the tropics if its dark. Relax and enjoy.

Hockley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Thanks, I have a good book and just want to chill when we get here, lots of traveling before we get here, so a rest is needed.

Hockley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

Thank u, have a great holiday.