We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of May- too hot?

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
End of May- too hot?

Just looking for advice on weather and humidity.

I've obviously read current Temps for this time of year, but wondered if the humidity is a killer! Can you get a nice breeze on the beach on the beach in daytime? I've travelled a fair bit & will be staying in the shade covered in factor 30+, but I've never been to Asia at this time of year and don't want to come if I'm having to sit in an air-con room for the majority of my stay!

Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of May- too hot?

The humidity is high but not a killer and there will be breezes at the beach. Likely to get some cloud, particularly in the afternoon which you need to be careful with as you can still get bery burned through the cloud. See Average climate stats at www.holiday-weather.com/khao_lak/averages/

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of May- too hot?

We just had two weeks there 35-39 every day and weather app was 'felt like' 42-44. Sea breeze most days. The humidity was mostly around 45-55%. It was too hot for my wife but I loved it. One big download in 14 days which lasted about an hour

Mentioned in this post
Kata Sea Breeze Resort
Kata Sea Breeze Resort
705 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of May- too hot?

"One big download in 14 days..."

That doesn't count... it was only digitized, virtual rain.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
376 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of May- too hot?

I've stayed in Patong/Karon/Kata in May and Khao Lak in May and Khao Lak definately felt cooler cause of the breeze. Do not worry you will love it!

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of May- too hot?

Just got back from a short trip. Weather as expected, Hot & Humid, but no problems or nothing unbearable.

Hamlyn Terrace...
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of May- too hot?

Its the tropics. It depends on you tolerance to the heat & humidity, if you stay close to the water you'll be fine. A nanny nap under the A/C in the hottest part of the day is always good value.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of May- too hot?

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer your thoughts - really appreciate it!

Angie

8. Re: End of May- too hot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak