We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Sunset Beach

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
68 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Sunset Beach

We have booked at the Sensimar in early July...I have been looking on the map to where everything is and especially like walking on the beach...can we walk from the resort to Chong Fah (on the beach) have a drink etc then walk on to the market from there?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Sunset Beach

You can. It's about 4km crossing over the creek at the northern end of Nang Thong Beach on to Bang Niang Beach where you will probably have to come off the beach at the road in between the Ramada and the La Flora as access up to Bang Niang Beach Road between the Mukdara Resort and the Chong Fah Restaurant which is a few minutes from the Chong Fah Resort has been severely undermined by beach erosion. It may be repaired, again, at the end of this Low Season but not before I wouldn't think. I would think it will take upwards of an hour walking on sand, about 10 minutes by taxi. It's about 600m from the Chong Fah to the rear entrance of Bang Niang Market, a 10 minute or so walk.

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,141 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Chong Fah Restaurant
Chong Fah Restaurant
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
978 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
68 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Sunset Beach

Thank you so much

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Sunset Beach

Definitely a taxi job for me. It is do-able as Arandora describes but in the heat and humidity it isn't going to be easy.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
68 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Sunset Beach

Yes...come to think of it I do remember walking around the markets last year it was rather hot even for this Queenslander! maybe a taxi is a good choice too

5. Re: Staying at Sunset Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak