We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pullman v Kantary in late October

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Pullman v Kantary in late October

We are leaning towards the Pullman as it has more bars etc close by, but the Kantary sounds good also and is child free, we are both 61. So are there many bars, massage shops (not beach ones) etc close to the Kantary?

Your advise will be appreciated,

Phil

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

Hi,the Pullman wins hands down every time.apart from the few beach restaurants at the kantary there is little else outside of the resort.

There is a rarely advertised adults pool behind the spa at the Pullman which is of a decent size and very peaceful.

I believe the kantary is only child free during high season which starts on November 1.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

NB1 is correct re Adult Only at the Kantary and you should be aware that there is a notice on its website:

"Temporary adjustment in operations during 15 May to 31 October 2016 at the following facilities:-

- The Similan Restaurant - Closed -

- The Garden Café - Closed -

Other facilities, including the Café Andaman and the Otter’s Bar will be operating as usual."

There are 3 beach restaurants to the right and 2 to the left, not all of which may be open in late October. Also massage places but again on the beachside. No shops in the vicinity and you are 20-25 minutes by shuttle or taxi from Bang Niang and Bang La On the two main townships of Khao Lak where you will find most restaurants, bars and shops.

There are many beach restaurants, bars and massage places mainly to the right of the Pullman and more restaurants on the highway near the main entrance. Same distance/time into "town".

Taxi from both about 300 baht.

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

you could consider the sensimar,if you are looking for adult only.

It is a really nice hotel,with lots of bars & restaurants within walking distance.

We especially liked everyday,which is straight opposite & also the nice little chilled cocktail bar,again opposite.

The only thing to consider,is some of the rooms are up some steps,so check before booking.

Tracy x

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

Thanks for your help everyone. We are currently checking out of the Apsara, good hotel, but only Memories beach bar as a local alternative. So the Pullman sounds a better alternative, and we will take a look at the Sensimar.

Cheers,

Phil & Karen

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

The Sensimar looks really nice. We were planning a twin centre holiday, so at the moment it looks like the Pullman then the Sensimar, Laguna or Nang Thorn beach resort 2. Probably the Sensimar if price ok. Any advice on the last two please?

Thanks again,

Phil

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

We have stayed at both the sensimar & nang thong beach resort 2.

We loved the sensimar,we loved the central location,the beachfront location & the rooms were lovely,clean & spacious.loved the whole vibe,of the resort.

However when we returned in March,we had just been to Australia & gran canaria,within 2 months,so we were trying to cut costs,so booked the NTBR.we were not disappointed,we booked a garden bungalow & was really impressed with it,especially as it was a massive saving on the sensimar.

It is just a it further along the beach,so nothing in it,as far as location goes.

No it doesn't have 3 pools,like the sensimar,but I only used 1 anyway,no it doesn't have the activity programme,but I never used it anyway,no it doesn't include breakfast,but I never ate it anyway,so for me,I couldn't justify all the extra cost.

Also with the sensimar,some of the rooms,have a lot of steps up to them & I mean a lot.after 2 weeks they became really tiresome,so it was lovely to have the little detached bungalow,at NTBR.

We have actually tried to book again for next Feb,but unfortunately they are all booked up,which surprised me,so far in advance,but noticed another poster,has also been out of luck,so they must have a lot of returning guests.

For me,we were quite happy at the NTBR & would gladly book again,but we did enjoy the sensimar as well,especially as it was our first visit to Khao lak & fell in love with the place,but NTBR is better value,in my opinion.

Tracy x

Edited: 24 April 2016, 20:09
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

There is a special on the sensimar if you are interested

https:/…

The price is austyralian dollars.

Linda

Edited: 25 April 2016, 06:35
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

Australian without the twang LOL

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

Brilliant advice everyone, half fancied the NTBR2 as it looked more traditional and would be a different experience, and mainly aiming at that end of KL for the local places not various hotel facilities. Good accommodation, nice long beach to walk along and enough sun beds in light shade by the beach suites us fine. So I will try to find out if they have availability for late October / early November 2016 and what the rates are, I assume they have a web site. Hopefully it will be a Pullman & NTBR split centre!

Thank again for your time,

Phil & Karen

england
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Pullman v Kantary in late October

Kantary bay is lovely we went in january. And booked again for January next year we loved it plenty of places to eat

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak