We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyper market

Exeter
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hyper market

Hi all, we are hiring a car through Budget and want to stock up on beer etc, is there a large hyper market close to Khoa Lak ? Cheers

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyper market

There is a Tesco Lotus on the right hand side just before you reach the town of Khok Kloy the first own you reach after bearing left towards Khao Lak after leaving Phuket Island. Then another on the right just before reaching the next town Thai Mueang half way between Phuket Airport and Khao Lak but you can get most supplies in Khao Lak at the Nang Thong Supermarket or other smaller ones in Bang La On, Khao Lak's main township. For a hypermarket you would have to go south from Phuket Airport about 20 minutes down the main highway towards Phuket Town where there is a large Tesco Lotus on your left.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Exeter
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyper market

Thank you :)

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyper market

Or you could visit Super Cheap near the bus terminal North of Phuket Town. Much cheaper than Tesco Lotus.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyper market

Hardly close to Khao Lak though, Dennis, and it depends how long you are going to be staying for the type and amount of supplies you want.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyper market

Arandora I know it is not close to Khao Lak, but Tesco Lotus in Phuket aren't close either. And only 10 minutes between Tesco Lotus and Super Cheap, that is why I mentioned it.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyper market

I think we are talking about two different Tesco Lotus on Phuket. I'm referring to the newer one nearest to Phuket Airport but not worth going to either or SuperCheap unless the OP wants a significant amount of supplies, especially drinks which you can get at the smaller Tesco Lotus on the way or in Khao Lak at equivalent or even cheaper prices.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Supercheap
Supercheap
31 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
khao lak
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyper market

cheaper up here in the lak for beer etc

Exeter
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyper market

Thanks for all if your replies, I already know the large supermarkets in Phuket. I just wanted advice with respect to Khao Lak. Cheers thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hyper market

You are on holiday in K Lak, so support the local outlets for your purchases. Theres plenty of options & prices arent that bad , if you look around. Its not worth the time & driving out of your way to justify near Phuket. As Alan has indicated, there are easy options on the drive to Khao Lak at the towns mentioned. & recommend having a cleansing ale at Walkers Inn! ( No I'm not a shareholder LOL )

ENJOY

Rob

Edited: 13 April 2016, 02:52
Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
10. Re: Hyper market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak