We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal advice

Exeter
Level Contributor
41 posts
41 reviews
Proposal advice

Currently at the Bhandari with the love of my life and have a very sudden urge to ask the other half. Any advice would be great :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Proposal advice

"Don't do it!" - sorry, predictable comment. LOL

If you are sure it is not just a great holiday inspired idea, and pretty sure you will get a positive response then go for it. Over the course of our long stays in the past 10 years in Khao Lak we have witnessed proposals and assisted in one in various locations, in a restaurant, on the beach. With the later we were walking the beach and saw a young man about to take a photo of his lovely partner stood inside a heart they had drawn on the beach in front of their hotel with X loves Y written underneath it. Thinking it was just a typical romantic pic I offered to take a picture of them both inside the heart whereupon when the young man got there he got down on one knee and proposed much to the obvious surprise and, thankfully, delight of his future bride. The picture of that spontaneous moment of joy I hope they will long treasure. Afterwards they quickly retired to their room to "celebrate" in private. ;-)

So,for a surprise a nice private setting on the beach, perhaps at the end of a romantic dinner, might capture the moment, and the answer, you want. Since the Bhandari is not direct beachfront I would suggest somewhere like sunset dinner at a table on the beach at the Boatyard on Coconut Beach (part of Pak Weeb Beach next to White Sand Beach) would be a great setting.

Good luck to you both!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Proposal advice

Oh how lovely! I second the Boatyard. We went there for my 50th birthday last year and they made it so special. If you can get away in secret, take a taxi down there and ask them to set up a special table for you on the beach. Arrive just before sunset and it will be gorgeous. If you would like a few pics of how they set up my 50th I would be happy to email them to you if you PM me.

Alos just saw another post on this forum saying they are closed 12-14th I think so just check that first.

Alan, how special to have witnessed that special moment. Khao Lak is certainly a very special place to make a proposal.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Proposal advice

Indeed it is!

Exeter
Level Contributor
41 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Proposal advice

Thank you all for your advice. :) this is my 2nd time I'm 47 with two new baby's 1.5 & 2.5 both with Helen, I think I know she will say yes, she's sort of hinted.. I just want to suprise her with the proposal, she's looks after the children, But the two boys control everything :) I would like them to be involved :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Proposal advice

The Boatyard is a great beach setting and very family friendly. They have high chairs for the kiddies.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Proposal advice

Don't ruin your holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Re: Proposal advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2017, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations