We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Hi all

We are looking at visiting Khao Lak for a special birthday next year (we love a bit of planning ahead!) and are looking at the types of excursions there are to do. We have seen that Thomson do an overnight trip to Phi Phi Island, but we aren't sure what you stay overnight in/on? Can anyone advise us please, who might have done it already? Many thanks

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
379 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Can't answer question, sorry. But I was wondering how much they charge for the excursion? I've been to Phi Phi when staying in Ao Nang and would love to go back when I visit Khao Lak next April.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Presumably both previous posters have booked a Thomson package in which case you should contact them or the Travel Agent you booked with. The majority of visitors to Khao Lak will not be on a Thomson package or have booked a tour with them. I can't imagine that they will be cheaper than locally booked tours, probably quite a bit more expensive. Phi Phi is one of the longest and more expensive tours from Khao Lak because of the cost of transfer to the departure pier in Phuket or Krabi.

Look at this link for a day tour with Khao Lak Land Discovery, one of KL's longest established tour operators http://www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/phiphi/ and here for a highly recommended day tour from Phuket with Phuket Sail Tours www.phuketsailtours.com/tour_phi_phi.html to which you will have to add the cost of transfers to and from Khao Lak to the pier in Phuket.

Tours are very competitive at the many tour shops in Khao Lak and are more expensive booked in advance on-line.

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Did the overnight Phi Phi trip in March, good hotel on Phi Phi best trip i've been on in a long time.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Phi Phi Island question

Could you supply details please for others.

5. Re: Overnight Phi Phi Island question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations