We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

khao Lak with a toddler

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Topic
khao Lak with a toddler

Hello

I will be in Khao Lak over Easter with my 4 year old son for 5 days. What hotel and activities can you recommend? I would like to stay within walking distance to the beach and restaurants, shops, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: khao Lak with a toddler

This Easter? It is also Thai New Year (Songkran) on 13th April making this a very popular period so I would suggest you go on to Booking.com and search for hotels that have vacancies for your dates and that meet your budget then come back here and ask for comments on any that you fancy. Have a look at the Sands, Leaf on the Sands, Leaf Oceanside which are on or near the beach and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants.

As for activities for 4 year olds hopefully others who have visited with children that age will cone up with some suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
310 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
343 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
LINCOLN
Level Contributor
176 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: khao Lak with a toddler

Re activities, I haven't been yet and my children are nearly 11 and 8 now. However, looking at what Khao Lak has to offer, I'd think he'll want to spend lots of time on the beach or in the pool really - that is what most children want to do on holiday. I'm sure you'll be able to buy water inflatables i.e. things like beach ball etc which may keep him amused, or you could take your own flat packed. Buckets/spade etc will also be useful. Just going by my two at that age (and even now), would enjoy the turtle sanctuary. We intend visiting the orchid and butterfly garden although I believe it's very small - I'm sure my children will like seeing the butterflies even if there are only a few!

If you are into elephants, and not everyone is due to the way the animals are handled, then there are plenty of elephant excursions to do - some with trekking, some with just bathing and feeding. Check out the trips you can do from Khao Lak for more info on these and what is offered.

I'd also imagine that some of the hotels Arandora mentions will have Kids Clubs if that is something that appeals.

Children are generally very curious and like to just see what is going on around them, they like different cultures and things they don't see back home. I'm sure he'll love it!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
3. Re: khao Lak with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak