We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada prices have gone through the roof

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Ramada prices have gone through the roof

we've been to the Ramada the last few years and always book around this time for the following January. The price of a basic room for the same period has gone up 20,000 BHT since last year! I thought it may be to do with the weak £ but even through booking.com if you choose THB as the currency it is that much more expensive so not a case of exchange rates making it more.

I'm hoping that they will come down but if not we will probably go elsewhere. does anyone know how the Flora or Mukdara compare? We definitely want to be in Bang Niang.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

Hi have stayed in all three resorts you mention and in my opinion I consider the mukdara to be the best of the lot. Admittedly it does attract a lot of German and Scandinavian guests but that is not a problem to us..

There is also a lot of moaning about the staff being surly but found the complete opposite they were absolutely charming and very helpful.

We are going back there this October the only one of the three we have returned to.

The la flora is ok but everything seems to be shoe horned in to the grounds available.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

Maybe there is a special deal coming out at the ramada. I have noticed that the prices go through the roof and then come back down again after the special ends. It just happened recently with the waters.

Linda

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
211 reviews
3. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

As Linda says I have certainly found it to be the case with these crazy price fluctuations when a special deal is on. I always compare prices on Trip Advisor first, which gives you the likes of booking.com, expedia, agoda etc then I compare this with booking direct. In the past if I've found a cheaper price on the third party booking sites I then email the resort direct and ask if they will match it - which they have always done.

If you take The Waters for example, prices range from $47/night to $106/night for late May (that's Aussie dollars). If the Ramada is over your budget then perhaps The Waters would be an alternative? Not beachfront but a great location near Bang Niang Rd.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

The Ramada may not have fixed its prices yet for January 2017. It always seems to work on a different cycle than others. You should be aware that the La Flora is building another resort immediately adjacent to the Ramada which is in the early stages of construction which looks as though it will probably not be complete by January 2017.

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

I prefer beachfront tbh. I'm passing through in October for a few nights to see some friends and have booked in the Mukdara so I'll see what I think.

Hopefully prices will come down in time. I'm in no real rush, it's not until Jan 2017 that I'm booking for and last year I got a great deal on an ocean front villa at the Ramada quite late - currently showing £3000 more than I paid !

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

The Ocean front villas, the pool villas and the Deluxe Jacuzzi wing are the ones most affected by the construction at that side of the Ramada. Our friends are currently staying in a superb Kailya Garden Pool Villa at the Pullman Katlilya Resort courtesy of Trailfinders. They wanted the Ramada as they have stayed there before but the price for the oceanfront villas which bear no compaison to their current one were ridiculously more expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

I just heard back from the Ramada and thought it worth posting in case anyone else is toying with dates as this may apply to other hotels. Peak season runs until the 8th Jan, after which prices drop to high season prices. Our trip this year (Jan 2016) started on the 7th Jan so was mostly high season rate. The booking that we are looking to secure for next year was to start on the 4th Jan and therefore peak season and high season mixture of dates. The peak season dates are 4000 BHT per night extra as opposed to high season.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

Peak Season can run from 15th December to 15th January depending on hotels or hotel chains.

9. Re: Ramada prices have gone through the roof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak