We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak

what is 3 things you can't miss at Khao Lak?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak

Beaches, beaches, more beaches. Hope you have seen the pics at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak

A day trip to Khao Sok including the Cheow Lan lake, day trip to Koh Tachai or one of the other islands in either the Sumilian or Surin islands, visit Bang Niang markets, Tsunami museum, cooking class.

Lunch or dinner at the Boatyard (awesome beach restaurant), ditto Memories Beach Bar for a super chilled day or evening, dinner at The Orchid Cafe (tiny restaurant with fab food), dinner at Everyday, Smile, La Picolina, Rusty Pelican just to name a few.

Sorry that is much more than 3 things, but such an amazing place it is hard to narrow it down. Best of all, some of our best days have just been chilling by the pool or beach.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,217 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Memories Beach Bar
Memories Beach Bar
663 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Rusty Pelican
Rusty Pelican
681 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak

Excellent!! Thanks!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak

I'm so excited I could burst. 43 days and counting! Photos are lovely! 😍😍😍 we are staying at Moracea I have no idea what ️beach that is.. Anyone can recommend a ️beach restaurant to eat at? That we can walk to from Moracea? 😍☺️

Edited: 26 February 2016, 09:02
Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak Resort
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak

I agree with the 3 Allie mentioned.

Moracea is on Sunset Beach just south of Nang Thong Beach & Bang La On. There is a beach front restaurant next door but we havent tried it yet. If you walk north 5 minutes towards the light house on Nang Thong Beach and then through Coconuts you will come out on the road next to La Piccola Maria - great authentic Italian Pizza for when you get sick of Thai food and also Smile Thai a great small Thai food outlet. Note this is not the #1 ranked Smile that is highly recommended but just a good basic local Thai outlet. Smile at the north end of Bang La On on the mountain side of the road is a must visit as is Orchid cafe across the road

Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,150 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak

Walk to the left from the Moracea along Sunset Beach to the very end and go up the strps to the Muan Lai Restaurant. Menu includes great, spicy Isan (Northern Thailand) dishes with fabulous views over the northern coastline. It is the yellow building perched above the rocks in the 2014/15 pics of Sunset Beach.

The restaurant half way along is the only beach restaurant other than those of neighbouring hotels so very popular for lunches. The Moracea's beachside restaurant is great for lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,150 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak

Thank you! Great help on where to eat!

Next question is diving and snorkeling and the best place to go.. I'm a very experienced diver but my partner needs intro dive. When I'm reading about where to go there is so many places.. And all I can see is liveaboards? How can I get a day trip and where should I be asking to go?

Also prefer not to be one of 50, 20ppl or under is better.. Small group..

Thanks!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak

Lots of Dive Centres in Khao Lak most offering liveaboards as best dive sites are a fair distance off shore but some offering day trips. Here is a list. Have a look at those that have websites and also click on the Things to Do link on the green menu bar at the top of the forum in the full site view on a PC or laptop or on the menu button (square with 3 lines in it) on the mobile site to see reviews of Day Tours.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak

Thanks! Thinking about going with wicked diving.

10. Re: Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2017, 10:46