We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

We fly into Phuket around 9pm and then get picked up and driven to the resort. I'm guessing we won't get there till 11 pm at the very earliest. Do we get something to eat and a drink at the airport or would we get something at the resort? Suggestions? Thanks

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

There isn't much at all at the airport so I would get something when you arrive. Not sure if the hotel would have much at that time of night but across the road there are some restaurants and bars where I'm sure you could find something. There are also mini marts where you could buy a few supplies if needed.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

Thanks JustAllie

3. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 February 2016, 10:10
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

The restaurants and bars are not exactly across the road as the entrance to the Moracea is up the mountain road and your accommodation will be down the hillside from there. I would ask your driver to stop at the Tesco Lotus store in Thai Mueang about half way from the airport.

Restaurants will have stopped serving and mostly closed by 10pm or thereabouts. Have you tried contacting the Moracea to see if they have room service at that time or will prepare something for your arrival. It must be fairly regular for guests to arrive late evening and want something to eat.

Edited: 25 February 2016, 10:09
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

Ack, I was thinking of the Sensimar for some reason. Yes Moracea a bit further out, sorry.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

It's the next resort on the beach but a fair distance uphill on the road.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

Many thanks for information.

I'm really excited about my first trip to Thailand.

8. Re: Moracea by Khao Lak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak