We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cookery course

winchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cookery course

Hi we are returning to the Mai in April and would like to do a cookery course preferably one which includes going to the market to purchase the food too. Does anybody know of one please? Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cookery course

If you do a search on the forum for Cookery Classes you will see plenty of recommendations but you may have to travel to Bang Niang (Ann's Cooking class) or Bang La On (Goy at Everyday Restaurant) for example. Most include a trip to the market to source ingredients. I would be very surprised if the Mai doesn't offer one among its many activities.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cookery course

My husband did one with Goy at Everyday and loved it. It was just him so very personalised. He asked several times when we ate at the restaurant but they were too busy but he kept persisting and got in. It was 1500 baht and included the market visit (which he loved) plus making about 4 dishes of his choice.

LINCOLN
Level Contributor
176 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cookery course

The Mai definitely does one Arandora but I got the impression the OP was wanting to do a more authentic one including market shop for ingredients. From what I can gather, the Mai doesn't do this bit.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cookery course

That's why I suggested the ones I knew did. Hopefully someone who has been on the Mai one will confirm or otherwise.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cookery course

We also did course with Goy. Only the 2 of us and we really enjoyed. Particularly enjoyed trip to market - very interesting and got to see and taste different foods.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cookery course

I did a cookery course with Ann (she came and pick me & we went to get another 2 lovely people, on to market with full explainations of everything to see there & back to do the courses which we had chosen). It was a great morning & im thinking about doing another when we are back in KL in 4 weeks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cookery course

Hi Boldboys Mum - - how much was the course with Ann, and did she have set courses you had to do, or you could pick from a selection? How many dishes did you cook, and could you eat everything you made? Keen to do a course when we are in KL in May. Thanks for your info. Enjoy your trip, you get there before us, lucky you!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cookery course

I could be wrong but I think I paid 2000. We make 3 different meal which the 3 of us on the course chose. Ann was very helpful in tailoring it to what we wanted. I was there with 3 Aussie guys who wanted spicy authentic Thai dishes & I wanted less spicy. I can say we were all catered for! We all had our wee work stations and we all made each dish and then we sat down & ate it all!

9. Re: Cookery course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2017, 10:47