We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in khoa lak

newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
christmas in khoa lak

i know its a long way off but i am planning my xmas n/new year trip to thailand.i was thinking of staying in khoa lak.

i am thinking of staying 4 nights.i would like to stay somewhere with easy access to the busiest area of khoa lak and the best beach.my budget would be £100.00 per night and would like to be very near or on the beach.

any replies would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in khoa lak

That is Peak Period when accommodation prices are at their highest and availability at its lowest. Beachfront properties are always more expensive. The two main townships for restaurants, shops and bars are Bang La On (beach down the road is Nang Thong Beach) and Bang Niang (beach of same name). I would search for your dates and budget in Booking.com and see what comes up then come back for more imformation. The Leaf Oceanside and Leaf on the Sands are just back from Nang a thong Beach and might come in your budget.

Also try Nangthong Bay Resort http://www.nangthong.com and sister resort Nang Thong Beach Resort http://www.nangthong2.com Both very popular beachfront bungalow resorts with easy access to town and best booked direct.

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
333 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
309 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
2,359 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
LINCOLN
Level Contributor
176 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in khoa lak

I know you said you thought it was early, but as Arandora says, it is best to book for Christmas early. We booked early in January for this Christmas and there weren't many seats left on our flight! We've also found that the holiday price has increased by almost £800 since we booked.

Hope you get sorted out. Some of the mid range resorts don't have a lot of rooms from what I can gather, so they can get booked up very easily.

We are really looking forward to Christmas in Khao Lak this year!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in khoa lak

thanks for the fast replies much appreciated.i have emailed the nanthong 1 and 2 and both are full.

yes i agree book early.the flights with emirates have just been released so trying to book now.

i have emailed other places and will see what they say.i will come back to this thread for more advice thankyou.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas in khoa lak

Just take care that when you are looking at hotel prices, some resorts add Compulsory Gala Dinner supplements which you have to pay whether you go or not. Read fine print carefully. The cost of these is very significant. The smaller resorts don't tend to have these albeit they may offer special dinners for guests and non- residents.

Edited: 19 February 2016, 05:34
newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas in khoa lak

i am thinking of booking the apsara beachfront hotel the price is high £500.00 for four nights bnb.i am going to email the hotel about the gala dinner if there is one.on reading reviews people say they stay here all inclusive.booking.com doesnt give you the option.id only do that if it wasnt expensive as i like to do my own thing.all the nice places in khao lak are very pricey so might give this a try because of the reviews.it is pretty remote but we just want to do very little for four days.

any avice would be much appreciated,thanks.

LINCOLN
Level Contributor
176 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas in khoa lak

I was surprised to find that our hotel - Mai Khaolak, does have a gala dinner on Christmas Eve but it's not compulsory. I found out by emailing the hotel direct, haven't seen it advertised anywhere else. It is very expensive though - I think for 2 ad, 2 ch it was around £180 ish which is huge by Thai standards. DH thinks we should book as entertainment will be provided whereas if we eat out that night, it will probably be just a standard meal with no entertainment, which he says we can do other nights. I think if we do choose this, it will be our only meal in the hotel (other than inclusive breakfast) as we can't wait to try out all the beach restaurants and eat in the markets etc and I see the hotel is expensive for food - and doesn't have the best reputation for food quality either (other than breakfast which is meant to be nice!).

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khaolak Beach Resort & Spa
Mai Khaolak Beach Resort...
1,508 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas in khoa lak

Shearlegend

It might be an idea for you to say what accommodation you found within your budget on Booking.com then we could offer more comments.

newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christmas in khoa lak

i have looked at the apsara beachfront resort & villa.its more than my budget but it is christmas any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: christmas in khoa lak

What feedback would you like? If you do a search for Apsara you will find lots of informnation about it, irs location and nearby restaurants. You can see pics of the location on Pakarang Beach at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

newcastle
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: christmas in khoa lak

hello again.

we are staying in khao lak from the 24th to the 28th december 16.

we have narrowed it down to the apsara and the leaf oceanside.the aspara has a christmas eve gala night at a cost of 3000bhat pp the leaf doesnt.

we would like chrsitmas to be special and wondered if the apsara would be the better choice.we know the leaf is in a better location regarding bars and restaraunts and would like to know if we would have just as good a time picking somewhere on the beach.

thanks in advance.