We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Hi

We're going back to Khao Lak in July and have made a tentative booking at NTBR2 in a beachfront bungalow. Then today I saw this deal in the paper. $1399 for 2 staying in a Palm Villa for 8 nights. Heaps of inclusions - breakfast, 3 dinners, massages, luxury club access etc etc. Sounds like a good deal. Has anybody ever used these deals? Did you get all the inclusions? I checked the prices for the days we want and the cost for room and breakfast only was over $2000! Should I book for 8 nights and then move to NTBR2 for the remaining nights? Or just stick with the original booking? Beyond Resort has good reviews on here. Very tempted.

Lesley

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
1. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Thanks for this info. I was just looking at Beyond (on their website) a few hours ago and it was coming up at over $300 per night for August!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Many have enjoyed Luxury Escape deals. The Beyond has run them for the past few years keeping their occupancy rates at near 100% in the Low Season. Great hotel and very popular with Aussies especially on Low Season. They even changed the in room fridges to keep the tinnies ice cold! 😉

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Yes you get everything in voucher form when you check in. We stayed at the marriott last year on a LE deal. It was good. I would do it and then spend the rest of the time at Nang thong.

Linda

Edited: 13 February 2016, 08:07
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
211 reviews
4. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

I've bought the luxury escapes deals for Thailand before and yes, we got all the inclusions as stated and were certainly not treated any differently. They can be excellent value. A couple of things I would mention though - if you leave it until your arrival to book the massages you may well find they are fully booked, especially during peak periods. Do read the fine print about the high season surcharges. And when a deal came out a couple of years ago, which we went on to purchase, I compared the rates with booking direct for the same period and it looked like a fabulous deal. Then a couple of months after we had booked I checked the rates on the hotel website again to find they were much, much lower, in fact we could have booked direct for less than the deal (excluding all their 'extras'). That was low season rates....and I consider low season rates to be incredibly good value in Khao Lak anyway. You live and learn!

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
146 reviews
5. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Just be aware that some of the palm villas are a few postcodes away from the beach

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Ahh Mrs Smith I think you just solved why the waters has increased so much. There was a deal for it on tripadeal and I thought to myself that is not so special until I looked into the prices again.

tripadeal.com.au/deals/…

I bet they go down again later.

Linda

Edited: 13 February 2016, 09:26
Maryborough...
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Hi

Thanks everyone. Just booked over the phone and upgraded to a better room category for $200 extra. Staying 8 nights then moving to NTBR2 for 5.

Lesley

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Make sure you ask for your dates quickly with the hotel. If you don't get your dates within 114 days you can then get a refund.

Linda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
9. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Oops.....Linda made a typo, it's 14 days!!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Beyond Resort Luxury Escape

Lol

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak