We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shore fishing

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
shore fishing

Is there anywhere in khao lak area where I can do some shore fishing please we are coming at the start of April.many thanls

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,400 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shore fishing

I've seen people fishing from most beaches but only ever seen one man have any success. That was last week on Pak Weeb Beach in between the Beyond and Mai Khao Lak Resorts where no one was swimming. Just further along past the Mai local Thais and Burmese fish from the rocks. I'm not sure any place is particularly good for rod and line fishing. Most keen anglers go out on a long tail boat trip with a local who knows the best sites. You can do this from restaurants like Arroy on Bang Niang Beach and across the creek on Nang Thong Beach there are others offering fishing trips.

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shore fishing

Thanks for info I am planning on a couple of trips but like to walk the shore very early too looking forward to our first trip to Thailand love reading all your posts can you recommend any beach front hotels suitable for our trip we will have our family which includes 2 children age5 and 7 thanks Richard.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,400 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shore fishing

Beachfront accommodation is always premium prices and early April is Easter followed on 13th by Songkran or Thai New Year so a very popular period with low abvailability and high prices. I would have a look at Booking.com for accommodation for your dates and budget and use the advanced search to find those that accommodate your family size. Then come back for more information. On any that you fancy. If you want to be near restaurants, shops and bars, Bang La On/Nang Thong Beach and Bang Now ang 10 minutes up the highway are the two main townships with most accommodation. If you want good budget accommodation, the Cousin Resort in Bang Niang where we are staying has good family accommodation including two two bed family bungalows ideal for a family your size. See http://www.cousinresort.com

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
4. Re: shore fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak