We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbikes, swimming pools and getting to the airport

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Motorbikes, swimming pools and getting to the airport

Hi,

I'm in khao lak for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the following please...

If I hire a motorbike, where is there to go? Any waterfalls or viewpoints? Or anything else noteworthy?

My hotel doesn't have a swimming pool, are there any hotels with nice pools which let non guests use them? Either pay to or if I were to but drink/food?

I am thinking of taking the public bus to Phuket airport, does anybody know what time is the last bus on a Saturday?

Thanks!!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Motorbikes, swimming pools and getting to the airport

Assuming you hold a UK licence for a motor bike (not a moped) which will enable you ride a scooter legally in Thailand and that you have insurance as scooter hire does not come with any, you can see a map of suggested scooter trips in and around Khao Lak at www.t3x.de/khaolak/radund%20rollertouren.htm

I'm not aware of any hotels where non- residents can use their pool with or without a fee or paying for a meall/drinks, mainly because guests object to it.

Last bus any day coming from Takua Pa is about 8pm to Phuket. You will need to get off on the highway at the junction of the road down to the airport where you can get a taxi or motor bike taxi depending on your luggage. See travelfish.org/transport/…all

2. Re: Motorbikes, swimming pools and getting to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2017, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak