We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation?

Hi

We are looking to go to Khao Lak for a couple of weeks next January (2017). We would like a mid-range hotel (£100 a night ish), preferably on the beach but within walking distance of bars and restaurants. We also need free Wi-Fi

Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Have a search on Booking.com for your dates and your budget then come back for more informnation on whatever takes your fancy. The ones showing at the moment which may be of interest are Adult Only Sensimar, Leaf Oceanside and Leaf on the Sands, Apsara, Waters, Baan Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
335 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
309 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Baan Karon Resort
Baan Karon Resort
157 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at a few that you've mentioned but it wasn't easy to tell from the hotel descriptions (or Trip Advisor reviews) if there were plenty of restaurants close by. We like go out of the hotel in the evenings, nowhere particularly fancy (happy to eat street food even), but we wouldn't like a remote hotel which would mean getting a taxi everywhere

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation?

hi we were at the sensimar last year and it realy was ideal for the shops and bars and stuff a nice walk out of an evening hope this helps

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Of the hotels I mentioned the Apsara is in a more secluded but great location facing Pakarang Beach but still with plenty of local restaurants nearby. The main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On are about 20-25 minutes away by shuttle or taxi.

The Waters is a new resort just up from the beach near the centre of Bang Niang with many restaurants, bars, small shops and Bang Niang Market nearby.

The Sensimar is right at the entrance to Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak with most restaurants, bars and shops, on Sunset Beach which is immediately next to Nang Thong Beach where the others mentioned are near, the Baan Khao Lak being beachfront, the others just up from the beach , all near restaurants etc.

Not on Booking.com as you book direct are the the Nang Thong Bay Resort and nearby sister resort Nang Thong Beach Resort, both typical Thai style bungalow resorts with some accommodation beachfront other in gardens, both with pool and restaurant. You may find offers for the Bhandari which is nearby that comes within your budget and well worth considering.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
956 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,140 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Baan Karon Resort
Baan Karon Resort
157 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Nangthong Bay and Beach resorts tick the boxes,,,beachfront for about 60 quid ,rather than the behemoth apsara, where quite a few rooms overlook the carpark and are ages away from the beach

a few trips up further for beach front lunches sounds like a plan, you will get plenty of recommendations for that

Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Really helpful responses, thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation?

I second the Nang Thong Resorts - the money you save on accommodation you get to spend on dinners and shopping! They are beach front and near to lots of local restaurants. If you want a beachfront bungalow though book now, they get booked out ahead. Also book via email direct with the hotel.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation?

Thank you, I've emailed the resort for price & availability.

We've been to Thailand a few times but never to Khao Lak so any advice is much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation?

I hope you have emailed the correct email addresses for direct booking:

Nang Thong Bay Resort http://www.nangthong.com/

Nang Thong Beach Resort http://www.nangthong2.com/

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Nottingham
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation?

I submitted an enquiry form via their website. If I don't hear back I'll email them directly - thanks

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak