We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book shop in Khao Lak?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Book shop in Khao Lak?

Does anyone know where I buy English language books in Khao Lak? I spent an hour yesterday looking to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Nang Thong Supetmarket in Bang La On has English language paperbacks as does the Book Tree which is upstairs in the last building on the right facing the Bella Ciao restaurant going out of Bang La On towards Bang Niang. Opposite the entrance to the Sands Resort.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Thanks for the reply but I was in that supermarket yesterday and they only had guide books. I was also at the book tree building which is now a dentist and some other business. No book shop there now

😭

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Last time I was in Nang Thong Supermarket the other day they still had English language paperbacks wrapped in plastic covers next to the check out tills. The Book Tree must also have closed recently as they had occupied the bottom floor then moved upstairs into a smaller area shared with the dentist. Not always open though.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Thanks. I'll look again. Maybe they were different supermarkets I was in yesterday but I thought it was that one. There were many guide books in plastic beside the till but no novels.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

You cannot miss Nang Thong Supermarket. It is the biggest in Khao Lak and located right next to the traffic lights in the centre of Bang La On.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Have you checked your accommodation?

I guess it depends on what sort of books you're after, but if you just want something to read, most hotels have a library section (although some seem to have more German than English books) .. where you may take a book or two (particularly if you have a couple to leave in their place).

Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Andy at Walkers Inn has a range of second hand books to buy or swap.

Mostly paper back novels from memory with most in English .

Mentioned in this post
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
khao lak
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

indeed i do a few 100,mars at mars bar also has a good selection.i have a few boxes of good books stashed too

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

Still waiting to see if OP had found anywhere to buy presumably new English language books which was subject of her original post not borrow or swap used ones.

Edited: 05 February 2016, 10:21
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Book shop in Khao Lak?

I didn't find somewhere to buy new books. I ended up finding a few in a hotel library but that was a struggle as most were in German or Scandi.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak