We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage/shopping prices

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
Massage/shopping prices

I've booked some flights to Phuket for my husband and I in May.

We've been to Phuket about 5 times so this time we are thinking about heading to Khao Lak instead - looking at staying at the Ramada.

Just wondering how prices compare to Phuket with regards to massages and shopping. I know how much to pay for t-shirts etc there.

Thanks for your help.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,052 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Massage/shopping prices

Prices are very similar. We were in Khao Lak in Nov/Dec last year and finished in Phuket for a few days mainly for shopping. We wished we had stayed in Khao Lak as there was nothing really different available just way more volume. Sure there are th higher end shops in Juncylon etc however we can buy that stuff at home. The Bang Niang markets, 3 x a week have everything like tshirts, bags, shoes, electronics etc in a much less hectic atmosphere. There are also many market type stalls along the main streets with all the same sort of stuff.

Enjoy Khao Lak, it was our first trip there and we loved it.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
2. Re: Massage/shopping prices

Thank you.

I thought they'd be similar prices. Not planning on doing too much shopping as we stocked up in Phuket last September. Just planning on having a week by the pool to recharge the batteries.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Massage/shopping prices

Hi Nic

I second Allie's post we were there at the same time but on our 6th visit to KL after many years of going to Phuket. You will love Khao Lak. As Allie said the Bang Niang 3 times a week Market a short walk from Ramada will have all you need at similar prices to Phuket. The street stalls are also similar in variety and price. Massages generally are around 50 baht dearer than what you would pay in Phuket. Enjoy your visit.

4. Re: Massage/shopping prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2017, 11:48