We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are staying at The Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa in March this year and wanted to know if there are any easy ways to get around and into town without hiring a car? As I have read it is in quite a remote area.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa

Other than hiring a scooter (UK driving licence for a motor bike required to drive legally and recommended an International Driving Permit as well plus your own insurance) or a car there is a hotel shuttle or taxis into the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On. There are a few local resuarants on the beach and the road nearby.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa

Hi Rachel...We stayed at Apsara last September and as I recall,we were going to town via shuttle which costs 100b/person...However because there were 4 of us,it was actually cheaper via the resort taxi at 300b for the 4 of us...

I'm unsure about return trip via taxi/shuttle as we rented 2 motor scooters to scoot all around Khao Lak....Note:3 of us are licenced to ride motorcycles.

Ask if you can prearrange for taxi pickup at a designated pickup point and time at which you wished to be picked up....Of course,this locks you into a time frame restricting freedom of movement....Have fun...!!

3. Re: Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations