We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Hi

I have found good deals at both of the above in Khao Lak - so budget not an issue on this occasion.

Which should I confirm??!!

Looking at map they are in similar are of KL

Views/ comments grateful received!

Thanks

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Bhandari, would be my choice

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Hi Procol

Thanks for swift reply - any particular reason?!

Bhandari has good reviews but not sure of grounds from some of pics - but I do like the traditional style architecture!

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Leaf on the sands, much greenery

Bhandari, not a lot of that , but the rooms are nicer, more thai syle and I think maybe a notch or so better.

Leaf a solid 3 star, Bhandari a 3.5 star +.

depends how much time you are planning to stay in the hotel, daytime..

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Is it the Leaf on the Sands or Leaf Oceanside which is the newer resort, nearer to the Bhandari and just across the road from the beach with private access to it? Come down Nang Thong Beach Road from the Nang Thong Supermarket and the Leaf Oceanside is on your left around the corner at the bottom. Turn right and the Bhandari is on your right about 300 metres. The Leaf on the Sands is at the top of a long drive leading to the Sands Resort and is at the northern end of Bang La On. Architecturally, the two Leafs are very similar, both being adaptations, modernisations and extensions of a previous traditional Thai resort.

Asia
Level Contributor
375 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

as the OP prefers traditional lodging, the Bhandari wins. Plus their BF is quite nice, even in low season (when I travel) there is a reasonable buffet, as it shares the Resto with its sister property "Oriental" next door. Agree both Bhandari and the LEAF offer terrific rates during low season - highly recommended

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Hi

Thanks for all your replies - its the Leaf Oceanside.

We will be there for 6-8 nights need to finalise details of trip.

Am I correct in thinking that neither is directly on the Beach.

Last time we were at the Laguna and I have to say that I particularly enjoyed being "on the beach" (almost) while lying in /b the pool!

Thanks all

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Niether of the hotels are on the beach. They are on the small road behind the beach hotels. If you know Nang Thong Bay Resort (NTBR1) - the Leaf Oceanside is to the left if looking towards the beach and Bhandari is to the right. There is a path leading from across the Oceanside to the beach, not sure about Bhandari.

I think either would be find although we did have a look around the grounds of the Leaf Oceanside and although lovely I found it quite clinical. Bhandari is much more Thai style.

I guess it is up to you re beachfront. We stayed at NTBR1 and most nights we made ourselves a drink and then sat on beach chairs watching the sunset, it was also lovely to be in the pool and being close to the sea. We stayed at a non-beachfront hotel in Phuket and when in the pool felt like I could have been at a hotel in Australia. I live 400 kilometres from the nearest beach so when I go on a beach holiday I want to be right on the beach :)

I'm sure either would be fine but if you aren't going beachfront my thoughts would be Bhandari.

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Hi Just Allie

Thanks - I know what you mean about being directly on the beach - I love it - but currently this would be alot more expensive than other options and I do tend to like the nicer hotels- so at the moment I can't have both!

Thanks

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Bhandari has the most beautiful grounds of any of the resorts we've stayed at in Khao Lak. The gardeners are kept busy looking after the fabulous lily ponds and the lush tropical foliage - frangipanis, palm trees, orchids, water lilies.............. There is a very pleasant pathway to the beach with a winding walk through an avenue of palm trees. A shower and tap at the Bhandari end allow you to wash off the salt and sand after a hard day's work at the beach. Bhandari wins hands down.

PS The breakfast buffet is excellent too.

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
844 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao Lak Hotel - The Leaf vs Bhandari Resort and Spa

Ooh thank Mrs Hyde!

Actually when we have a beach side location, the kids tend to stay in the pool all the time - but if we have to "go" to the beach we may end up spending more time there!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations