We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy over Christmas/New Year

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
404 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How busy over Christmas/New Year

Hi All...its been quiet a few years since I was in KL and we went in July (very quiet and lot of places were closed...nothing open along the beach). I'm pretty sure we will stay at Nang Thong Bay Resort 1 as it seems to be walking distance to the hub of things. My question is how busy will it be over xmas/new years?? ...thank-you in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy over Christmas/New Year

That is Peak Season and busiest period but busy in Khao Lak is relative. Xmas is fairly low keys with most celebrations in hotels. New Year's Eve is great with fireworks and parties all along the beach heralding in the New Year. This year was the best since we started to come to KL nearly 10 years ago now.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
404 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy over Christmas/New Year

I liked KL last time we went because it wasn't like Phuket....but just a little bit too quiet...not many people there. But somehow I don't think it will be like that over the holidays since I booked the last room at NTBR...now the count down begins 😊

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
3. Re: How busy over Christmas/New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2017, 10:47