We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Hi

We have a booking at the leaf Oceanside for March,but also looking at NTBR & NTBR1,can anyone tell me the difference between the 2.

Is one better than the other.we are looking at the beachfront bungalows,do they both offer the same facilities.

Which one do people think is the better one.

Thanks in advance

Tracy x

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

This should help

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Linda

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Hi Tracy,

We have stayed at NTBR1 6 times in the past 3 years, 4 of those in a beach front bungalow. I'm not sure you will be lucky enough to get one for March this late.

We stayed for a week in early December and the good news is the beach front and Garden bungalows have been renovated/rejuvenated over May-October last year. The old bathroom and outdoor showers are now a fully enclosed bathroom , modernised with the toilet and shower separate and roofed with a clear ceiling, very well done. The bedroom area has a fresh modern paint job, new blinds and curtains, new door security lock and brand new air conditioning units which are very efficient and super quiet. I am not sure if the bungalows at '2' have been done at this stage.

We have not stayed at '2' but have been told by friends who had that before reno they were 'same same'. The beach at '1' looking at the sea is to the right of the lighthouse with some rock outcrops along the front of the resort while '2' is a 200 metres south on the sandy stretch of beach to the left of the light house. The beach in front of '2' gets deeper a bit quicker and gets slightly larger waves when they are running. The beach at '1' is shallower and calmer, the waves a bit smaller. Maybe the lighthouse 'island' has an effect.

We are hooked on NTBR1, love the place, our favourite hotel in Thailand, it feels like home when we get there. We'll be back again this year.

A friend recently stayed at Oceanside and was very impressed with the value. It is just behind NTBR1 but has none of those beautiful views.

Good luck

Terry

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Thats my post above, "Difference between NTBR & NTBR1 " - I prefer NTBR2 but there are just as many who prefer NTBR1. To be honest they are very similar and you would be happy at either. Read up on the tripadvisor reviews if you want to help make a decision. Just remember to book directly with the hotel via email if you want to stay there and book early as beachfront bungalows are often booked out a year ahead.

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Thank you so much for the reply.

I have had an email,saying that there are no beach front bungalows available,but they do have a garden bungalow available.

If you could help me with this decision,it would be great.i have a garden bungalow booked at the Oceanside,as you know the area & have probably seen the Oceanside,then in your opinion,would you stay at NTBR or Oceanside,which is costing approx 1000 Aus dollars more,for the same style bungalow.

Would appreciate your opinion,as we stayed at the sensimar last time,but it is too costly there for a bungalow.

Thanks for anyone's help

Tracy x

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Thanks for the link Linda.it was really useful.

The garden bungalow I mentioned is at NTBR2,,as there is no availability at 1.

Thanks again

Tracy

hunter valley nsw
Level Contributor
301 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Do all the rooms haveTV?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Judy - Both NTB's have tv (limited English selection) & dvd player, I assume Oceanside would as well.

Tracy - how long is your booking for? I prefer beach front at either '1' or '2' but at what cost per day? It is a glorious view to both wake up to have sunset cocktails to.

Not sure where you get the $1000 from, or is Oceanside dearer. A beach front at NTB is 3000 baht/night in March (approx A$120), looking at Booking.com Oceanside will be a bit more around $160+. It's a no brainer to me - NTB wins

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

Lots of people have said in reviews that the garden bungalows AT NTBR2 are fine - they are only a step a way from the beach and I would agree with this from being there - its just a minute walk to the beach but you just don't get the actual view of the beach when sitting on your balcony. If both resorts are offering you garden bungalows then I would go NTBR2.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

We have recently returned from NTBR1 and often walked past Oceanside. Whilst it looked lovely, there really is nothing like sitting on a lounger and watching the sea at any time of day. I guess given that I live 400 kilometres from the nearest beach I am really biased towards beachfront, otherwise I could be in a hotel anywhere.

The garden bungalows at both NTBR 1 and 2 are very close to the beach even if they don't have a direct ocean view.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Difference between NTBR & NTBR1

stayed in a garden bungalow at NTBR2.

literally steps from the loungers and beach.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations