We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Hi there

We stayed at nang thong bay resort in november and realy loved it ,we are looking to go again in April nang thong is the same price as before, but bhandari resort bungallows is cheaper and looks great, has anyone stayed at them both all reviews look great for both but am torn between the two any pros and cons would be great also the bhandari seems to have two names is it all the same complex.

Many thanks Jan

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Khaolak Bhandari Resort is not direct beachfront as are NTBR 1&2. However, unlike NTBR 1&2, breakfast is included with most bookings. It has 'traditional', Thai style rooms: Chalets (48 sqm); stand alone Bungalows (50 sqm); and a couple of Suites (85 sqm).

The adult only (16+), Khaolak Oriental Resort is the Bhandari's 'sister' resort. It is immediately adjacent to, but separate from Bhandari. It has two, 'modern' style room types: ground floor Pool Access rooms and second floor Deluxe rooms (both 32 sqm).

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

The Bhandari is not beachfront so that would be the clincher for me. It is very close, we walked past it to the left of NTBR1 on the side road but for us (as we live so far from the beach) we want to be able to see the ocean from where we stay. Also going back and forth to the beach when you have to carry stuff can be a pain. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people but it was great at NTBR1 to be only steps from the room.

The Bhandari does look lovely so if beachfront isn't a must, you could give it a try.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Hi thanks for your feedback, beach location is not a issue for us we did like bay resort but they never seem to do offers on the price per night ,I was wondering cruisemonkey is it better to go for a bungallow rather than chalet ,does the pool area have good sun coverage most of the day ,also can you use the amenity's of the sister hotel if need,

Also we didn't notice when there in Nov ,is there any places on the beach you can rent sunbeds for the day if you buy food drinks etc

Many thanks

Jan

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

There are sun beds to the left on the beach at the Coconuts Bar next to the Suwan Palm Resort, some I think at the Green Beach restaurant which is nearer to the Bhandari, then more up to the right past the sands Resort at Peter Bar and even more past there at several restaurants past the lLa Own Resort.

Nang Thong Bay Resort doesn't need to do offers because of its popularity and is best booked direct..

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Bhandari and Oriental guests share the Bhandari Spa but not sure that all facilities at Orintal are available to share. The Bhandari is offered I believe on an All Inclusive basis which knowing the great dining options nearby and ielsewhere in Khao Lak I'm sure will agree is a waste of money and great dining!

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Hi thanks

Thats great there is Lots of choices on the beach if needed I didn't realise it does all Inc why would you ,we would only do b and b too much choice nearby

Thanks again

Jan

essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Hi Jan,

We stayed at the Bhandari early this year and are going back again early next year. We stayed in a Chalet room which was lovely but next year we have booked a Bungalow, just as a change.

The pool area has parts that are shaded at different times of day.

I do not think you can use the facilities at the sister hotel.

The Bhandari is not an All Inclusive Hotel, it is just a B & B with a very good breakfast.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

It was AI with Thomson Holidays but glad to see that sense has prevailed and they now offer B&B or Half Board - see thomson.co.uk/destinations/asia/thailand/tha…

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

NTBR 1 rates drop by half on may 1st. never earlier...

Bhandari drop theirs substantially earlier, making it terrific value in april, for a quality property

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bhandari resort vs nangthong bay resort

Janmikky,

I haven't stayed at the Bhandari yet... but I've researched it because I have a Chalet room booked for eight weeks next July & August. I normally (the last two years) stay at The Leaf on The Sands in 'green season'. However, I found such a great deal on the Bhandari (Chalet room), I couldn't pass it up - 800 baht/night, w/breakfast, tax & service fees included, free cancellation and no deposit - 'Pay When You Stay'. That was on HotelTravel.com... but I'm sure it was a mistake because the price went up to their more normal low season rates the day after I booked it.

As has been said (and also my understanding) guests at Khaolak Oriental Resort can use the Bhandari's spa, but guests at Bhandari cannot use the Oriental's facilities.

Cheers,

CM

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations