We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

possibly best exchange rate

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
possibly best exchange rate

Hi, for those in khao lak at the moment I have just passed an exchange booth offering 57.70 for £

Wish I had waited a couple if days before exchanging mine we used the same place and got a much lower rate 2 days ago.

Were at the centara seaview, the exchange booth is next to the running dear bar. Hope this is if some help?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,439 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: possibly best exchange rate

That rate is wrong, the exchange booth have made a mistake & put the wrong price up. Hopefully it was been corrected pretty quickly, maybe as soon as the 1st time somebody tried to change £'s today

Exchange rate has been around 53 - 54 for a few months now, it peaked around 55.5 in the summer and it is many years since its been to 57.70

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,984 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: possibly best exchange rate

I'm not sure it is wrong Jane, that exchange booth had the best rates by far when we stayed a few weeks ago. It was consistently at least 1-1.5 baht to the Aud higher than all of the other exchange booths we saw.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: possibly best exchange rate

The OP may have seen the Selling Rate instead of the Buying Rate which is usually higher and usually more so if selling baht back to GBP (or any currency) at private booths like this rather than at a bank or bank exchange. I got 55.4 to £ in SuperRich in Chiang Rai when we arrived there in mid November. Bank and other exchanges were lower and have been in Khao Lak to date. 57.70 to the £ would be extraordinary if correct. I will have a look later when we go to Nang Thong Supermarket.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,439 posts
169 reviews
4. Re: possibly best exchange rate

Wonder what the rate is today ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: possibly best exchange rate

53.45 at Exchange next to Nang Thong Supermarket an hour ago. Didn't manage to get down to the other place.

6. Re: possibly best exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2016, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak