We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help!

Perth
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help!

Hi All,

Seeking more Khao Lak recommendations. Thanks to all the TA help, we visited The Sands in Nov and loved Kaho Lak so much, we are going back in March. As lovely as The Sands was, I dont like to stay in the same place twice. Basically our wish list is to have a new/modern property on the beach with a pool access/pool villa room and restaurants/bars within a close walk. Our budget is around $250 AUD/night but can stretch a little bit for something great. Would be super keen for a private pool villa room this time but having trouble sourcing this. Did initially want to stay around Bang Niang or Bang La On (for the restaurants and bars) but as long as there are some beach bars/restaurants and a few on the road, I think we would be more than happy to stay further out.

Any advice anyone can offer would be super appreciated. I have read so many reviews but they all seem to contradict each other, but then obviously different things are important to different people.

Thanks so much in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
#4 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help!

For newer beachfront resorts or additions to older resorts have a look at the Adult Only Haven on Khuk Khak Beach, the private pool villas at the Apsara on Pakarang Beach, the pool villas at the Pullman Katilya Resort on Pak Weeb Beach, the pool villas at the Manathai on Bang Sak Beach, the pool villas at the Mai Khao Lak on Pak Weeb Beach and the new pool and jacuzzi villa complex at the Beyond Resort also on Pak Weeb Beach and theoracea on Sunset Beach.

There are a number of other older but still excellent resorts with pool villas if you can't find anything suitable in the others mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
MANATHAI Khao Lak
MANATHAI Khao Lak
1,015 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,140 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,034 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help!

Have a look at The Waters by Katathani which is a new resort (opened this month) in Bang Niang. It has pool access rooms and looks very modern. It is a short walk to great restaurants on Bang Niang Rd and the market which is on 3 times a week. It is however not right on the beach so if that is your priority then it may not suit. You don't say whether you are travelling with kids.....The Waters calls itself 'adult-friendly' which I think means no kids under 15 years.

Mentioned in this post
The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani
The Waters Khao Lak by...
617 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help!

stayed at the sentido in pool access for bdays and anniversary

bit far out but very nice

plenty of bars and restaurants on the beach

cheers bat

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
959 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help!

Take a look at the Moracea, this will come in Under budget I think???

Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak Resort
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,483 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help!

moracea is on scoopon

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
959 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help!

Yes it is bat.... And looks very nice too!

Perth
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help!

Wow - thanks everyone!! I havent looked at Moracea before but with the price of the Scoopon, I dont think I can go past this one!! Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,483 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Help!

Make sure you look carefully at the dates for extra charges and that all the inclusions are what you really want and still compare the price with other sites. Coupon deals don't always work out cheaper or better value for money.

Perth
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Help!

You are absolutely right Arandora, the more I read the more I think this might not be suitable for us. The place looks lovely and appears to be very cheap but I understand this resort is situated on a hill which makes for strenuous walking and having some issues with waking myself, I think we would be better forgoing a discount and booking somewhere more suitable...so the hotel hunt continues :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Help!

Please don't misunderstand me. The Moracea is an excellent resort, even better than it was previously since its recent extension and refurbishment.. It has a lovely location directly facing Sunset Beach but although there is some accommodation at beach level there is other up the hillside leading to the main entrance on the highway so you are right in taking that into account. Just further up the highway you have the Laguna and the Baan Khao Lak both on the flat.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Moracea by Khao Lak...
1,483 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,140 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak