We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for special celebration

Sydney
Level Contributor
293 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for special celebration

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will travel to Khao Lak 9/12/15 and stay at Chong Fa Beach Resort to celebrate an important anniversary. I am looking for a restaurant for a delicious meal. We love all types of food especially seafood but not too hot with the chilli. I am wondering if dining at the resort would be as good as other restaurants in the area or is there somewhere you would recommend? We will celebrate in 10th December. Thank you for your advice.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

Depending on what you are looking for, I had the most amazing 50th birthday last week at The Boatyard (thanks to recommendations on here). It isn't fancy, it is a "feet in the sand" type place however the setting is gorgeous and if you go there and arrange it in advance they will make sure it is special for you. Given you arrive the day before you would probably need to go there that day to organise it if you want special setting etc.

We arrived and they had set up a table for our group in the sand, next to a big palm tree with a swing, had decorated with palm fronts and flowers and also balloons. The sun was going down just after we arrived and it was magical and exactly what I wanted for my Thai birthday. When there were a few drops of rain, they completely redecorated and undercover area for us in a few minutes. My husband organised some special seafood which was amazing - prawns with garlic and pepper are to die for and the deep fried whole fish was excellent too.

I am sure your hotel can do something special too if you ask, they are so accommodating here.

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Norway
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

Hi

Why not try Green Pepper on the beach next door to Chong Fa. Had some grate meals there. Try a sunset dinner there, Idont think you will be disapointed.

Best luck and happy anniversery.

WinterNorway

Mentioned in this post
Green Pepper On The Beach
Green Pepper On The Beach
227 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 December 2015, 21:36
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

+1 for Boatyard or if not at the beach, Smile in Bang La On is highly recommended. You need to make a reservation which can be done through the website at http://www.smilekhaolak.com/

It is about 10 minutes by taxi from the Chong Fah.

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

Another ++ for both The Boatyard and Smile, you wont go wrong with either

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
6. Re: Restaurant for special celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations