We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Nangthong supermarket short changing!

This place is on the junction of nangthong road and the main highway in Bang La On(khao lak village).

The cashier tried to short change me by 100 baht. I counted it out in front of her and she gave me the extra 100 baht.

Check your change in this place.

Its popular with tourists

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Gee Nick, that 2 quid must have really affected you to post twice!

Duplicate.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Mistakes happen especially in busy supermarkets anywhere. We shop in the Nang Thong Supermarket regularly during the 5 months we stay in Khao Lak and have done for nearly 10 years now and have never been short changed but we always check wherever we shop both here and at home. Because this has happened once to imply that is a regular occurrence is unfair IMO.

3. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2015, 00:36
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

I wasn't suggesting it was a regular occurrence.

I said I was short changed. That's the fact.

I've heard of this happening elsewhere so sharing my experience with others just in case. Check your change that is all!

Honestly why bother?

Oh and it wasn't busy at the time.

Edited: 01 December 2015, 16:55
Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Just sharing our experience of Nang Thong supermarket.

We have shopped here regularly on our holidays for over 7 years.

Have never experienced any form of short changing or other issues at the till.

In fact we find it a good place to break down larger notes to use while in Khao Lak.

tanmar

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

I'm sure people will take your post and comments and replies of others in the spirit they were intended.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
7. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Snotty replies!

Your welcome.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

nick h

After reading and replying to your posts we called at Nang Thong Supermarket on the way home from dinner. At checkout the till displayed 439 baht change due. I said to my wife, jokingly, "check your change". As she was doing so, the cashier said "So sorry" and without prompting handed her another 100 baht note.

So surprising and so disappointing!

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
9. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Yep,had a poor experience in there a couple of years ago when they tried to give change for a 500 baht note when a 1000 baht note had been tended

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
10. Re: Nangthong supermarket short changing!

Well well.

There you go.

The shop was quiet when I went, the cashier counted the cash out to herself twice, and I watched her and counted at the same time, and saw it was wrong. I counted it out to her back myself and she gave me the extra change.

I've seen and know enough about scams and cons in the UK to see it was intentional on her part, but I wash shot down in flames by others on here.

So check your change at Nangthong supermarket in Khao Lak village!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak