We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat near the Pull man?

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Where to eat near the Pull man?

Hi all,

We've just arrived at the Pullman a couple of hours ago and went for a walk along the beach (in the rain I might add!) on the hope of finding some restaurant options other than those available at the hotel, but nothing stood out. Any thoughts or recommendations for options nearby? Or should we get the shuttle into Khao Lak centre?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dawn

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

You probably didn't walk very far or in the right direction especially in the rain. Turn right along the beach and just past the Beyond Resort ( which has a good noodles bar restaurant for lunch) there is a restaurant then go across the creek and there is a row of upwards of twenty beach restaurants (Elicious is our favourite). There are also restaurants on the highway near the main entrance.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Hi Arandora, thanks so much for your reply, we've ended up at a hotel restaurant out of sheer tiredness tonight - but after the effort it took to find it on this mammoth resort I think we will be going out tomorrow! I think we saw some of the beach restaurants you're talking about but only in the distance as we weren't sure how to cross the Creek! Assuming that is the water which flows across the beach into the sea? Is there a way to do it and keep your feet dry?!

Thanks again

Dawn

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Afraid not at the momnt. Part of the bridge which spans it as is usual at this time of year has been washed away and it has just been full moon with a very high tide. Of you go to the left along the beach the Rim Lay Restaurant is there and they will organise a taxi for you and if you walk past the Rim Lay and around the headland when the tide is out you will come across three more restaurants on White Sand Beach.Mr,Nueng in the middle one will arrange a taxi back to the Pullman if the tide comes in whilst you are there.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Hi Arandora

Is the creek still missing a bridge? We are off to the Pullman next week and I'm not sure I fancy wading through water in the dark!

What are the restaurants like at the end of the drive? We're just looking for good, Thai food.

Thank you

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Don't know whether the bridge is there at the moment - if it is you can walk across it at night, we just chose not to. We got a taxi from the Rim Lay, they were a bit funny with us when we asked to be taken to other restaurants (which is fair enough - and we later found the Rim Lay to be nice) but they did take us. If you go to Elicious past the Creek they will bring you back to the Pullman at no charge, they're just lovely

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Thank you very much Dawn. That's great to know.

I can't wait to get there next week :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

The bridge is there.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

Brilliant. Thank you :)

9. Re: Where to eat near the Pull man?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2017, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak