We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monthly rentals kao lak

asia
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
monthly rentals kao lak

hey all,

looking to stay on a monthly basis from mid january (1-3 months and possibly longer depending on visas etc etc)

looking to spend up to 20k per month.

ideally close to central/south kao lak

ideally modern studio or 1 bedroom.

ideally with share pool/gym

im late 30's and my gf works at a hotel in south kao lak.

ps. is there much of an expat scene or am i dreaming?!

thanks

khao lak
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
1. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

hi,the only place i can think of is c noir. they have a pool,and do monthly rentals.it is not easy to find a place at that time,all the best places will have been snapped up by divers.you may get a basic bungalow for 15k a month in that area,at that time.good luck,and welcome to khao lak

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

We have spent the High Season in Khao Lak for the past 9 years, most of that time renting a bungalow in the Cousin Resort in Bang Niang which suits us as it had a pool, restaurant, 5 minutes from the beach and easy walking distance to the many restaurants, bars and shops I Bang Niang, and a good centre for going out and about in our hire car. Nevertheless we have looked at alternatives and after one disastrous episode with a new renters house as Andy says we have found few alternatives, certainly nothing that suits us better. Since the Tsunami development has concentrated on resorts, hotels etc for the regular holiday makers rather than rentals. There have been attempts to build condos for sale or rent but with little success albeit some are starting up again.

As for the ex-pat scene, most Brit ex-pats are gainfully employed but it is not a big community. They tend to mix as much with locals as well as others at places like Walkers Inn or Mars Bar but either collectively or individually they are a great bunch and number among the many friends we have made in Khao Lak. You too would be most welcome.

khao lak
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
3. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

call in,i will drive you around,free,to show you what is available,but,at that time of year,it wont be easy.if i can help,i will.

asia
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

thanks for the info everyone....seems like accommodation is an issue! i was in samui before paying 17k pm for a brand new 34sqm studio with 70m pool with swim up bar, tennis, gym, sauna, steam, table tennis, snooker, basketball....i guess there are no condos even similar to this....budget can be upped to 20-25k if there is something a bit nicer....would there be any chance of one of the houses/bungalows in homeplace being available in mid jan or are they always fully booked? cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

The standard of accommodation on Homeplace varies considerably and the prices reflect it. The nicer properties are mostly long term lets or owned outright. We were offered a new property with pool for 50,000 baht per month but lowest the owner would go to was 35,000 plus services which is in line with previous ones we have viewed. Others at upwards of 20,000 were not acceptable. It is very hit and miss. You could try Khao Lak property site at http://www.land-house-pool.com

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

Phuketexpat

Please see my PM about a possibility if you are not already fixed up.

7. Re: monthly rentals kao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2016, 10:46