We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather/cloudy and wet?

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
901 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather/cloudy and wet?

Can anybody give me an accurate idea of how the weather is please?

Looked at several forecasts and it seems to be cloudy and wet?

Only five days sun in the next 25 days!

Need to have a rethink on packing.

Thank you

Bootle45

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

You will not have to change your packing. Whether it is wet or dry, it will still be hot. Helps generally have umbrellas to borrow and small ones can be bought very cheaply. If you have. A raincoat etc on, the humidity will make it like walking around in a sauna - very unpleasant. If you get wet, you won't be cold and will dry off quickly.

Having said that - have you read this post?

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k…

Forecasts that far ahead are rarely accurate anyway. Do yourself a favour, don't look at the forecasts and stress out, you can't change the weather and chances are it will be nothing to worry about anyway.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

Keep an eye on the webcam at khaolaklanddiscovery.com/cam/Khao-Lak-Land-D…

There are no weather stations based on Khao Lak. They are either based on Takua Pa 25km to the north and inland or Thai Muang 45km to the south or some even on Phuket Airport. The Wet Season does not end overnight so the weather is always unsettled in November. It is usually sunny in the morning and clouding over in the afternoon with some residual rain - but who knows what this year may bring.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
901 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

Thank you both for your prompt and reassuring comments.

I hope the holiday is going well Alan!

Bootle45

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

Not started yet! This time next week we will be landing in Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Nowra, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

We arrive on Sunday and I too am watching the forecast a tad worried about the amount of cloud and rain. In saying that though the forecast has changed every single day so obviously the weather is very unpredictable!

Hope you have a great holiday, 5 years in the making i sure hope we do :)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

I'm in Khao Lak right now (lying on Sunset Beach in front of the Sensimar, ah bliss!) and it's glorious today, hot and sunny with some cloud cover that provides welcome relief from the sun. Yesterday was very cloudy (but hot) most of the day but gorgeous in the late afternoon when the sun broke through the cloud while we were sitting at Coconuts beach bar sipping cocktails. It hasn't rained for a couple of days but the day before that it rained a lot and was very humid. My advice is don't change your packing as it's always hot even when it's raining and Khao Lak is such a beautiful place that a bit of rain doesn't spoil it! I love it here, I never want to leave!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,141 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
7. Re: Current weather/cloudy and wet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations