We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket- Khao Lak- Phang Nga Bay- Surin Islands (4-5 days )

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Phuket- Khao Lak- Phang Nga Bay- Surin Islands (4-5 days )

Hi all,

I am flying in to Phuket from Bangkok on 26th Dec, and plan to immediately cover Khao Lak, Surin Islands and Phang Nga Bay , and end with NYEs party in Phuket again. I am counting on bus/shared taxis instead of ferrys keeping in mind the cost.

I know you need to take a 90 in taxi ride from Phuket to Khao Lak. But beyond that, how should i cover Phang Nga and Surin Islands ? and where should my overnight stays be?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,875 posts
386 reviews
1. Re: Phuket- Khao Lak- Phang Nga Bay- Surin Islands (4-5 days )

You are mad trying to do so much in 4 of the busiest days of the year! Most hotels are fully booked already. I would forget Khao Lak and just do Phang Nga Bay and Phuket only.

It looks like you have posted the same question twice, and I know how easy it is to do with a smart-phone or tablet. To remove duplicate posting click on Report inappropriate content, scroll down and click on remove my post. It will then be removed. Only you or TA can remove your own duplicate posting, although anyone can do this and select duplicate post

The forum is a friendly and helpful place, where basic manners, pleases and thank yous go a long way when asking a question. Makes you and your question seem far less demanding and encourage us to offer the best of our friendly and very useful help!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Phuket- Khao Lak- Phang Nga Bay- Surin Islands (4-5 days )

If you want to do your full itinerary:

26/12 Day 1 Arrive Phuket, stay at Nai Yang Beach 10 minutes from the airport

27/12 Day 2 Day speedboat tour to Phang Nga Bay (with Phuket Sail Tours for instance) stay overnight at Nai Yang Beach

28/12 Day 3 Transfer by taxi to Khao Lak. Takes about 75 minutes from Nai Yang Beach (Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak charges 1000 - 1200 baht depending on where you are staying, contact cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com for quote) stay overnight in Khao Lak

29/12 Day 4 Day Tour to Surin Islands starting from Khao Lak (suggest Kuraburi Greenview as operator) stay overnight in Khao Lak

30/12 Day 5 Transfer back to Phuket from Khao Lak by taxi.

You might just have enough time to recover to enjoy the NYE's Eve festivities, if, of course, you can find accommodation at this late date.

3. Re: Phuket- Khao Lak- Phang Nga Bay- Surin Islands (4-5 days )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2016, 11:47