We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

Auckland Central...
4 posts
accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

I am looking for accomodation close to baan tharn namchai as I am greeting some riders there and don't want to spend too much time travelling to and from hotel

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

BTN is not in a tourist area and not much accommodation in the immediate vicinity. Google maps shows that there are a few local hotels in Takua Pa (Extra, Yan Yao, Suan Suk, Takola), which will be about 10 minutes or so away. In the opposite direction and about same time distance back towards Khao Lak just off the road leading down to the Tsunami Memorial and the pier for Koh Kho Khao is Thai Life Homestay Resort & Spa. Further south again towards Khao Lak just off the highway after the entrance to the Sentido Gracelands Resort is the lovely new little bungalow resort, The Loft, and nearby the Haadson Resort then further south again the Nang Sak Village resort and then the Manathai which at about 20 minutes is the furthest of these from the orphanage. All times I've given are door to door by taxi. A bus from the highway will take longer.

Hope this helps.

Auckland Central...
4 posts
2. Re: accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

Thankyou, you are amazing, great information! Is quite hard to figure these things out looking at a map. I have been to BTN many times before to see Rotjana and the children but this time am going to do a few touristy things hence booking different accomodation than at the community center. I think I will try the loft :-). Do you know how far the morning mist resort, khao sok is from there? I plan on going there after for a couple of days and then I have 9 days that I am open to suggestions for, keeping in mind I need to make my way back to phuket airport.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

Morning Mist is about 40 minutes by car from BTN but is just down from Highway 401 at KM 109 marker where the bus from Takua Pa stops. See map at walagata.com/w/arandora/Khao_Sok_Map_Decembe…

From Khao Sok, if you don't want to return to Khao Lak you could go down to Krabi and return to Phuket from there. See here for transfer options wikitravel.org/en/Khao_Sok_National_Park

Auckland Central...
4 posts
4. Re: accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

Thank you again! I have spent hours if not days trying to find this information.

5. Re: accomodation close to baan tharn namchai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2016, 09:47