We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lah Own Building site!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
Lah Own Building site!

Apparently there is a Holiday Inn under construction adjacent to the Lah Own hotel, which I was prepared to take a chance on, as everything else is exactly what I was looking for.

However, I've checked out the LO facebook page and it looks like a full-on building site IN there as well!

Right alongside the pool!!

Any views anyone?

Thanks.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Lah Own Building site!

La Own Resort has been closed for renovations since May. Perhaps that's what you were looking at.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Lah Own Building site!

The renovations referred to on the La-Own website are the addition of a new hotel room block to the rear of the resort which started in June 2014 with an anticipated completion date of February 2015. Their Face Book page currently states it is 80% complete so that date still seems realistic. Comments from guests staying there during the construction indicate that there wasn't too much interference with their enjoyment. Most of the "noisy" construction work appears to be complete leaving internal works and landscaping which should not prove intrusive. The owner Khun Pisit has a reputation of being an honest and fair man and I'm sure would respond to any concerns you have if you contact him through the FB page.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Lah Own Building site!

No, the fb photograph was taken yesterday!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Lah Own Building site!

No, its not the rear of the site, not to my mind anyway, its next to the swimming pool!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Lah Own Building site!

Same, same explanation.

Canton of Aargau...
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Lah Own Building site!

Hi Mark,

you're right, it's beside the pool if you want, in other words behind the existing restaurant. So, between the restaurant and the reception building.

Edited: 14 October 2015, 20:31
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Lah Own Building site!

Not exactly a relaxing break away from it all then?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Lah Own Building site!

"Same, same explanation"

Which is what?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Lah Own Building site!

As in reply #2 and suggestion to contact the owner through Facebook page.

10. Re: Lah Own Building site!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak