We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

Help! I know this has been posted but the question didn't really seem to be answered successfully. We are family of 5, with 2 older teens/young adults and a 10 year old. I don't want a place that is dead with lots of couples who won't let kids splash or have fun. Are either of these resorts right for us?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

Hi Tessa,"Are either of these resorts right for us?".....Honestly,only you would know if it is right for you or not...We can only share our thoughts....Sorry,I haven't stayed at the Sands tho' I have stayed at The Apsara and must say that it has been our most enjoyable of all our stays in Khao Lak....Definitely wasn't dead...!!

Depending on how long you will be staying in Khao Lak...What about splitting your time between the 2 places...??...That way you get to experience both....!!

I must admit tho'...I didn't see any kids/teens when we were at Apsara early/mid September....

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

"Help! I know this has been posted but the question didn't really seem to be answered successfully." - sorry, I can't find the previous post you are referring to or where you have got the impression that the guests at the Apsara are "lots of couples who won't let kids splash or have fun." The Apsara is in a more secluded location than the Sands facing the beautiful Pakarang Beach which is Khao Lak's most popular surfing beach. Not huge surf but enjoyable nevertheless so your kids might spend more time in the ocean than in the pool. Also as well as the few local restaurants nearby just opposite is the very popular Memories Beach and Surf Club which I'm sure you will enjoy.

The Sands on the other hand is located on Nang Thong Beach and very popular with families with younger children but bigger pool areas. Its entrance is also located on the highway at the northern end of Bang La On the main township of Khao Lak with many restaurants, bars and shops in easy walking distance.

Are either right for you, only you can decide.

Mentioned in this post
Memories Beach Bar
Memories Beach Bar
663 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

I think The Sands would suit you and your family perfectly! Have stayed there twice and it is fabulous. Haven't stayed at Apsara, but did visit the beach there and it's a little to far out of town for us.

4. Re: The Sands or Apsara Resort in Khao Lak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak